shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Toronto appraiser would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mikemaz

Rough_Rock
http://www.canadianjewellers.com/html/aapmemberlist.htm#ACON

I''m buying a Whiteflash ACA but the one problems I''m having is getting it appraised as an exceptional cut/H&A diamond. The independent appraisers can''t identify it as such if it is mounted.

If it is not mounted and I have it mounted here, I lose the warranty!

Does anyone know a reputable appraiser that would accept an independent appraisal from someone they might be associated with in the US who I can send the unmounted stone too?

Thanks!!

mikemaz

Rough_Rock
What have others from Canada done in my situation?

Thanks!

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
mikemaz,
perhaps you can have h&a pictures of the stone taken prior to mounting. with h&a pics and sarin information along with the documentation that comes with the stone, i think you should have sufficient information to prove that you have an exceptionally cut h&a.
2.gif

drk

Brilliant_Rock
I was very happy with the service at Harold Weinstein www.hwgem.com. They''re on Queen St. E quite close to Yonge.
I had the stone for my engagement ring appraised there loose so that they could confirm the cut quality, though they didn''t take H&A pictures etc. I did have a full appraisal report from Good Old Gold with all that sort of info that I also submitted to the insurance company. I had my diamond studs appraised there (H&A ideal cut diamonds already set in a martini setting), and they were able to confirm the cut quality for the stones based on the AGS certificate which showed the crown and pavillion angles. They said they wouldn''t have been able to do that with a GIA certed diamond (like my ering one) because those angles aren''t on GIA certs.
I''ll be interested to hear who others went with...

plg_cp

Rough_Rock
Why don''t you get WF to send it to one of the trusted PS appraisers and then have WF set it before sending it to Canada? Is there a reason it needs to be appraised in Canada? Exchange rate on the appraisal value shouldn''t be an issue...?

Mark

dandoboy

Rough_Rock
I''m of the same opinion as plg_cp. I can''t think of any reason you would want a Canadian appraiser over an American one (besides being able to see the stone in person). I live in South-Western Ontario and bought from Whiteflash. I had David Atlas in Philly appraise the stone in US dollars, and write a comment with the current exchange rate for a Canadian currency appraisal value as well. This way, any insurance company can easily insure the stone.

If there''s some reason a Canadian appraisal is needed that I''m missing, please let me know.

mikemaz

Rough_Rock
Hey Dandoboy,

Did you send it to Dave Atlas as a loose stone, then back to Whiteflash and then back to Dave Atlas mounted for a final appraisal as a finished product?

That''s the issue I''m having, getting the final appraisal on the finished product.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results