shape
carat
color
clarity

which stone would u get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
if size is the most important thing to you then you have to go with the bigger one.
2.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
yes the size difference would be apparent.
Id have him get IS images for both.
Have you tried splitting the difference?
A well cut 1.0 to 1.10?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you keep pulling up 60/60 diamonds freddy. if size is your priority, that may be the best option for you but it''s generally not going to be the first choice among the cut fanatics around here.

freddy2005

Rough_Rock
i guess what im trying to do is find a good tone with the best bang for the buck

here''s my priority(well, my gf is more like it), 1. carat, 2. cut, then the rest

she''s not looking for the best, no the worst..something in the mid range..and my budget is ~ $6k.

how about this guys? http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=796682

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Signature Series are in stock and he can get IS images for you is the biggest advantage.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
Most people here will tell you that the best bang for the buck comes from an "Ideal" cut SI stone. (The most sparkles and lowest clarity while still being "eye clean")
Other than that - color is just a matter of personal preference and budget.

You seem to be coming back to "premium" cuts to save money and get a little more size. I personally would not do that - I would pick a slightly smaller stone with a little more POP.

just my .02

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
freddy, are you using the ps search tool above? you have a very nice budget and can get a lot of stone with a grrrreaat cut. use the 'cut quality search' all of those stones that come up are in house and have all the information you need to make a sound purchasing decision. after you enter your criteria and search the first time, you can go down to the bottom of the results page and expand your criteria. i would seriously consider lowering your color. if you get a really well cut stone, it will face up as white as any of the colorless stones. you can really put some $$ into size and cut if you go down to the i/j range and you will NOT be dissapointed.
2.gif

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
The G SI1 looks promising. Can you ask James Allen to get you crown/pavillion angles on it?

I know a lot of people on the board would disagree, but I wouldn''t go as low as a J. H, maybe.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results