shape
carat
color
clarity

Which stone should I get?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jewelryaddict

Rough_Rock
I visted the Diamond Doctor (Diamond Consortium) today and looked at two different stones. Which do you think I should get? They are two different sizes, but wanted to see which was worth the money. I saw them both and looked at them under the loop. They face up very nice and are completely eye-clean. So...for the price, which would you get?

Stone 1:
GIA
RB
Measurements 6.31-6.37x3.73
Weight: .92
Depth 58.8%
Table 59%
Girdle-Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: None
Polish Good
Symmetry Very Good
Clarity SI1
Color H
Flourescence None
Comments: Clouds are not shown
Price: $3600

Stone 2:
GIA
RB
Measurements 6.17-6.20x3.59
Weight .80
Depth: 57.1%
Table: 61%
Girdle: Thin to medium, faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Clarity SI2
Charactersitcs Twinning (?) Wisp, Feather
Flouresence: None
Price: $2400

Both of these stones looked really nice. Would you pay the extra 1200 for .12? Tell me what you think of the stones. They get shipments of stones twice a week. They also have a trade up where they will give you back exactly what you paid for it should I ever want to trade up and I don''t have to do any of that double up stuff. Please tell me what you think.

rainbow

Rough_Rock
Hello,

You may need to obtain the crown and pavillion angles for both stones as the experts here like all the information possible before passing an opinion
18.gif

I did a quick price check here for similar stones and the H SI1 0.92 seems to be listed by James Allen (DCD) for $3563.

Here is the link http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?aff_id=ps621&cid=131&item=216869&scsize=1280#

I couldn''t find a match for your second stone as I wasn''t sure of the colour.

icekid

Ideal_Rock
well, it''s going to be pretty tough to help you much. These stones are not the ideals that we are used to looking at, and you don''t have crown and paviliion angles which would be helpful.

Both stones are rather shallow with large tables. Choose whichever you think was prettier, b/c we have not seen them! However, all things being equal, I would choose the .8 stone because the difference in diameter is 6.17 to 6.3- not worth $1200 IMO.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
as icekid said, both of those stones are shallow and have tables on the large side. since you can get a diamond that is graded ags0 ideal for the same price, it seems that it would behoove you to at least look into the possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results