shape
carat
color
clarity

Which stone is more value for money ?? Help !

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dearris

Rough_Rock
Hi

I am so glad to find this website. This site really enlighten normal consumer like me not to get bluff by the sales person.

I need help from the expert here to advise me on two stones.

1) Brilliant Rose Diamond (http://www.brilliant-rose.com/)
Shape and cutting style - Round modifed Brilliant
Carat weight : 0.33c
color: G
Measurements:4.50-4.53 x 2.73mm
Depth: 60.5%
Table: 58%
Gridle: Thin to medium
Clarity :VS2
Clarity Characteristics : cloud, crystal, needle
polish: Excellent
Symmetry:Excellent
Fluorescene: None
Price: ~USD1350

2)Normal round brilliant cutting GIA Cert diamond
Carat weight : 0.54c
color: F
Measurements:5.19-5.22 x 3.25mm
Depth: 62.4%
Table: 60%
Gridle: Thin to Slight Thick
Clarity :VS1
Clarity Characteristics : crystal
polish: V.Gd
Symmetry:V.Gd
Fluorescene: None
Price: ~USD1820

The above information is the best that i could figure out and get from the 2 GIA certs shown to me.

The Sales claim that i should buy the brilliant rose diamond than the normal round brilliant diamond.
I do not know which one to get. I would like to have the brilliance.... as well as the size .... but too bad i have a burget...

Which one is more value for money ? Which is the better stone ? Which one should i get ??

And the last question, the sales claim that IGI is not so recongise cert compare to GIA. A stone grade in IGI cert might be one grade low than GIA... It is true ??

Thank you.
21.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
hey dearris
35.gif
welcome to ps!

you are certainly getting more diamond for the money with the traditional cut, which is not surprising. you will pay more for a branded cut. did one look better than the other to you?

dearris

Rough_Rock
If i am compare the bigger brilliant rose which almost the same size as the traditional round cut, the brilliant rose look better.
33.gif

But if i am compare the two stone mention above, maybe due to the size different, they look as good.
33.gif

But with the fact given above is the traditional round cut a good buy ? Is the cutting good ? As i have burget to look out, i cannot have the best of the both world. As i start to learn that good cutting play a big part to the value of the stone. I do not know what to do ...

If i am paying USD1820 for brilliant rose, i think i can only get 0.38c, G color, VS1.

Another, the brilliant rose have a nicer setting which make the diamond look bigger that it is from bare eyes.
33.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results