color
clarity

which stone in this setting?

Which one?

• orange spess

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Which stone would you set in this ring?

I think I already know which one I''m setting in it but was curious as to what you ladies and gentlemen thought.

2009-07-09.jpg

jaylex

Brilliant_Rock
eek! I accidentally hit the orange spess, but I meant to vote for the blue spinel.. so ignore one "orange spess" vote, although it was my second choice! But all three stones are beautiful!
9.gif

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
I vote for your pink spinel.

It looks so lively & very yummy
face18.gif

...Those 3 stones are all beautiful.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Well I am sure you already know what I''ll say but that glowy pink is begging to be worn in that nicely adorned setting
emangel.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
pink pink pink spinel. The stone is gorgeous and glows. It would be beautiful in that setting.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
It may just be the pics but I''m just much more drawn to the blue.

Soooo........which one have you chosen?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
Me too! And the spess is also nice, but somehow the pink just doesn''t seem to "go" for me.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Either blue/grey or pink (since I don''t have a clear favorite I didn''t vote). It depends on the desired look; blue/grey would in a way emphasize the split shank, remind of art deco pieces, and probably give some impression of movement (making the arrangement more dinamic, contrast also helps to get that), while pink would give you something more serene, romantic and cutesy. Blue/grey also seems to have better clarity so you''d get more scintillation, but pink might glow. Ah decisions, decisions...
2.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was a close one between the blue and pink but the pink won out because it really popped amongst the white diamonds. The diamonds and white metal made the spinel look grayish and the spessartite dull.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I see an interesting difference in the votes and written answers.

I vote for pink as well. It really pops in the setting.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 8:22:28 AM
Author: Lady_Disdain
I see an interesting difference in the votes and written answers.

I vote for pink as well. It really pops in the setting.
I do too! My original plan was for the blue/gray to be set in this ring and I think that''s still what I''m going with but I am just dying to be able to wear the pink spinel.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 12:50:33 AM
Author: sleepyspinel
Well I am sure you already know what I''ll say but that glowy pink is begging to be worn in that nicely adorned setting
emangel.gif

It looks to me as if the pink spinel would work in this setting. It was said to fit anywhere from a 5-6.5mm round or princess cut. Do you ladies and gents think this setting would work for my pink spinel, it''s a 6x5mm oval?

I''ve contacted two people about the custom setting I wanted for the pink spinel and I got a price of $900-1000 from my local jeweler and right at $500 from LOGR. I just see lots of LOGR''s settings that go for less than $500 and think, dang, I could get a lot more bang for my buck if I wasn''t going custom!

20.gif
So, that''s sort of on hold...
14.gif
I just don''t know what to do.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I vote the blue/gray, it just looks to balance your setting well, not too overpowering, but just a great match imo.

cinnamon013

Brilliant_Rock
I vote the blue/grey spinel. The pink needs a more modern sleek setting I think. But you''ve got the stones and ring in your hands, so you have a better view rather than me looking at the photos.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/10/2009 7:49:19 AM
Author: Chrono
It was a close one between the blue and pink but the pink won out because it really popped amongst the white diamonds. The diamonds and white metal made the spinel look grayish and the spessartite dull.
I really was wanting to play up the greyness of the spinel.
1.gif
I love that little pink spinel.

I was very disappointed with the way the spess looked. I wonder why it went blah on me? It was right at dark and I literally had minutes of daylight left. Then again, sitting in the box against the black it came back to life. Suppose it could be the reddish brown tones it has that clash with the white gold?

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you jaylex, blithesome, SS, Linda, 4ever, jstar, ma re, chrono, L_D, D&T, cinnamon, and everyone for your votes and responses!
9.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 10:09:13 AM
Author: brandy_z28

1.gif

I was very disappointed with the way the spess looked. I wonder why it went blah on me? It was right at dark and I literally had minutes of daylight left. Then again, sitting in the box against the black it came back to life. Suppose it could be the reddish brown tones it has that clash with the white gold?
Well, if you want to play up the grayness, then that setting is suitable. I was wondering the same thing about the spessartite; that the white metal brought out too much brown in the stone.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I voted for the blue / grey spinel. That color was my favorite but I think you would be very happy with any of them.

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
PINK or blue!!!!
9.gif

Lori

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
I voted for the blue

The pink would be my second choice

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/10/2009 11:47:43 AM

Date: 7/10/2009 10:09:13 AM
Author: brandy_z28

1.gif

Well, if you want to play up the grayness, then that setting is suitable. I was wondering the same thing about the spessartite; that the white metal brought out too much brown in the stone.
Agreed, that''s why I picked the pink spinel. I think the color really pops against the white gold, and since it''s a small stone, the white gold really makes it look larger.

sleepyspinel

Shiny_Rock
Now that you say it, I agree, the pink looks more substantial in that setting! Good eye TL:)

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I picked the blue-grey spinel because the combo is most pleasing to me. But pick the stone you want to wear the most.

I keep setting pink stones and most of my rings are pink now. I have 3 settings arriving on Monday so I am not letting myself set pink stones in them.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks marcyc, loriken, LtlFirecracker, and charmypoo!

I think it does make the pink spinel look bigger TL! I thought that I was just trying to convince myself to just set the pink spinel. I just need to decide if I can hold out long enough and go with the original setting I had planned out for it.

Couple more pics of the two stones in question...

gems_068.jpg

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
sigh...

gems_083.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results