shape
carat
color
clarity

Which shoes with my dress? (Pictures included)

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I actually purchased my wedding shoes 6 months ago, but really didn't think it through (they have a 12.5cm heel) so now I have been on the search for flats!

I have found three pairs and would like opinions on which ones you would pick! :)

Firstly me in my shapeless bag of a dress (:()

Option 1:

Option 2:

Option 3:

TIA! :)

fontofdress.jpg

chloe 450.jpg

pi_832.jpeg

pi_779.jpeg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
First pair!
And why don't you like your dress?

Mashira

Brilliant_Rock
2nd pair for me!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
I just feel like its really plain.. I'm hoping I like it more when its taken in :(sad

S&I

Brilliant_Rock
another vote for the first pair :cheeky:

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
amc80 said:
Could you replace the bow with a really cool, large brooch? Something like this-

http://www.advantagebridal.com/ab-crystal-gown-or-hair-brooch-8777.html

I like the bow, I'm just feeling weird because when I tried the sample on it looked amazing (even though it didn't do up) and my dress is way to big.. the ladies keep assuring me it will be amazing once taken in but I'm just feeling grumpy about it :p

Here are some photos on the model, which I'm hoping it ends up looking like after alterations and I can be happy and feel beautiful (and stop stressing!)

JSM1103.jpg

jsm1103_sec01.jpg

amc80

Ideal_Rock
Trust the professionals, I'm sure it will look amazing!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danielle, I like all of the shoes, but honestly whatever pair is most comfortable for you to stand and walk in on the day of the wedding would be my pick if I were you!

Second, you are not a "plain" looking lady at all...and therefore the dress is not "plain." Once it's fitted perfectly to your body you will feel much more "bridal" and also...once you realize that you will be in this lovely (it's really beautiful) gown, getting ready to marry your most favorite person in the world, you will feel exquisite, and once you see pics a few hours after your wedding in the setting/venue you and your fiance/husband have chosen, you will feel much differently and NOT plain!!! You're gorgeous! You're not a plain young lady at all, and if you're basing your feelings off of this pic you've posted on this thread...I understand but you need to look past that and realize how beautiful everything, including you, will look once you put all the puzzle pieces together. You couldn't be plain if you tried, and neither could that dress.

;)) Much love!

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Voting for the first!

Your dress is GORGEOUS. I am positive you'll feel just as beautiful as the dress really is once it fits your body like a glove.

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
For the shoes, I like the first and second pair. Whatever pair you get, break them in first. I wore mine for 1-2 hours a few times before the wedding and they did not hurt at all. I had 2 inch (5cm) heals.

As for the dress, I know exactly how you feel. You can look back at my threads and see how big my dress was on me. I almost cried after my first fitting, and the sales lade told me not to worry. It took a lot of fittings to have it taken in correctly (it puckered at the top). It was not well fitted until 2 weeks before the wedding, and even than the bustle was too long. I e-mailed the sales lady the pic I took at the shop and she fixed it (10 days before the wedding and the dress had to be shipped!). On my wedding day, it truely fit like a glove, and the bustle was perfect. The dress is not plain and it will really show off your figure once it is properly fitted. Just keep an open mind and do not take delivery of the dress until you are happy with all the alterations.

vanilla87

Shiny_Rock
I love the first pair, they are absolutley gorgeous. You will look beautiful in your dress!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
I say the first one if you're fine with flats, or the second ones if you'd prefer a tiny boost of height with the slight wedge. The dress is going to look stunning once it is all fitted!! I think it's totally normal to go through that grumpy second-guessing your dress stage though, so just hang in there!!

pancake

Brilliant_Rock
The dress is definitely NOT plain! Once it's been nipped in below the hips it will look more shapely too.

Re the shoes - I would go for the 2nd pair. I think the first pair is really cute, but the smooth fabric-covered toe might look a bit bare and shiny peeking from underneath the detail of your dress.

CurlySue

Brilliant_Rock
I like the second pair!

Your dress is going to look gorgeous on you... the alterations and fittings make SUCH a huge difference. Have faith!

bobbin

Shiny_Rock
Where did you find the first pair? I really like them and I have been on the hunt for flats to wear on the day. The major problem I am having is that I have big feet and I can't find any in my size.

Guilty Pleasure

Brilliant_Rock
I vote for the second pair because I like the way they look the best AND I find that the the tiny wedge is actually more comfortable than strait flats and women tend to walk more elegantly with a slight heel than flat. Do not assume that a pair of flats will automatically be comfortable, regardless of which ones you choose. Break them in and wear that tape that prevents rubbing and blisters if necessary.

By the way, I have no doubt that your dress will be gorgeous once altered. I already thought you looked beautiful and had a gorgeous dress before reading that you were unhappy (I always look at pictures first :tongue:), and with alterations you will get that glamorous look that you want.

calibali

Brilliant_Rock
I also vote for the second because I like the slight wedge and how I (personally) stand up straighter when I wear shoes with one.

And I must say, that dress is beautiful and once it's fitted to your body, it's going to be undeniably stunning. Just keep the faith that the alterations will make it perfect for you - no need to stress now!

Bobbin - sorry to threadjack Dannielle, but bobbin if you need large size shoes I know some good places. I wear a size 12 (and sometimes 13), so if you start a new thread I could help you look.

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone, I so appreciate the replies :)

I think it will be best if I go try both on.. I was just going to order online because I hate going in to the city but FI and I will make a day of it over the weekend.

Regarding my dress, thank you all for the reassurance. I am hoping that with the alterations, and my hair down everything will come together like I had imagined.

Thanks again! :)

+1 to everything MagsyMay said!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your dress will look amazing once they get it altered! I like the first pair of shoes the best. I would like something like
with a little bit of a regular heel though if you can do anymore height.

petrock<3

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first pair the best. You are smart to wear flats!

Don't worry your dress will look great once it is altered, the difference is dramatic. I hated my dress when it first came in, it made me look huge. When it fit perfectly, I looked probably ten pounds thinner.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Option one or two for sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results