color
clarity

Which setting would you chose?

A--

• B--

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
So long story short.

Had a turqouise ring prong set into a milgrain diamond halo. It was stolen.

Grandma bought me this pendant to match it.
Pendant%20CollageGYPOSY.JPG

Now I need a ring to replace the stolen one (can't tell grandma we were robbed)

So I'm thinking of just telling grandma I reset the original, because I really hated the setting anyway.

Turqouise cabs are ordered and on the way.

A) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260445705827 Customized for an 8 x 10 center. ONLY the basket would get bigger. The rest would be the same. So the stone would be much more prominent proportionally.

B) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220450089524 But it's REALLY not my style. I would upgrade the diamonds.

C) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=180376805737 Bulky, but close to the original setting without being hideously boring.

D) http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=370225035140 I think it matches the pendant's style the best. I'd HAVE to upgrade the diamonds.

There was a Stuller one I asked BGD to qoute me on, and actually the price was really good. But the setting ended up not being for a 10x12. Apparently Stuller settings are more reasonable than Adwar, because the Adwar ones I've asked for qoutes on have always been high.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Okay so I suck at posting tonight.

Which would you pick, please. Thanks all!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like "B" ... because it is REALLY my style. But if it isn''t your style I guess I wouldn''t pick it. Which do you like the best? Is it meant as a cocktail ring only or a more wearable everyday piece?

TravelingGal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:54:41 AM
Author: decodelighted
I like ''B'' ... because it is REALLY my style. But if it isn''t your style I guess I wouldn''t pick it. Which do you like the best? Is it meant as a cocktail ring only or a more wearable everyday piece?
I agree. Out of all of them, I like B.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Honestly. I like A the best because I like the design of it and I don''t really want another halo. Then D because it seems to go with the pendant and I would wear them together. I''d probably wear them a couple times a month.

Honestly, none of them get the blood moving. So I''m totally open to suggestions.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I like them all...except a (sorry
9.gif
), so I''d probably get D, to match the pendant. B and C are also pretty, but they seem much more ornate, kind of like special occassion pieces, while D seems much more versatile.

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I like B...then D...

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B looks good. But then again, I’m not very artistic and good with design.
9.gif

Babyblue033

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have to say B is my favorite too but I wouldn''t get it if it''s not YOUR style. I''m actually not liking the D much but that''s my personal taste too, it does match the pendant very nicely. So my second choice would actually be C, a bit bulky but interesting.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
B is lovely

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly none of them really speak to me. But D does match the pendant and out of the choices you posted I would pick it for that reason. It''s hard since you wear the two as a set.

So so sorry about the robbery!
7.gif

MonkeyPie

Ideal_Rock
I like D just because it matches the pendant. If I were choosing for myself, I''d choose A, but this is not for me!
9.gif

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
I like B, then A, and then D.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like B Layla, I think it would be Beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful. Which one calls out to you??????

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 9:36:09 AM
Author: Linda W
I like B Layla, I think it would be Beauuuuuuuuuuuuutiful. Which one calls out to you??????
None. LOL.

I''m still looking for options. None of them are grabbing me at all really.

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Gypsy, I LOVE the first setting. It''s so pretty!!!!!!!! I think the turquoise would look awesome in it!

icekid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/15/2009 12:59:30 AM
Author: TravelingGal
Date: 7/15/2009 12:54:41 AM

Author: decodelighted

I like ''B'' ... because it is REALLY my style. But if it isn''t your style I guess I wouldn''t pick it. Which do you like the best? Is it meant as a cocktail ring only or a more wearable everyday piece?
I agree. Out of all of them, I like B.

Ditto, if I had to choose from those options.

whitby_2773

Ideal_Rock
if it won''t be worn with the pendant - then B.

if you want it to match the pendant more - then D.

either way - lovely grandmother!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results