shape
carat
color
clarity

which setting for my stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rainbowtrout

Ideal_Rock
I''ve got a very deep cut-stone I''m setting into a ring (about as deep as it is wide, 6mmx5.4mmx5mm.

I''m considering this setting:

r162-04W.jpg

But, I have to take some of the pave off to afford getting the repro made, as well as not wanting to rip off Leon''s setting. I was thinking of putting the pave about a third of the way down the band and not on the basket.

Also the basket would need to be about 1mm thick to be in proportion to my stone the way it is to the one in the photo. Would that be structually viable? I want the band about 2mm wide.

What do you think? Will it work without all that pave? Have you seen any other settings that won''t let that extra carat wight go seight unseen?

Another consideration I have is the design of the inside of the band. Will this fit well or slide off the finger?

Also, can someone give me a ballpark estimate for a price I should expect my jeweler to come back with on this? (in plat 950 or Pd WG)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results