shape
carat
color
clarity

Which setting do you prefer for asscher sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I''ve fallen head over heels for neatfreak''s gorgeous new Jeff White asscher cut sapphire & contacted Jeff to see if he could find/cut me a similar stone for a RHR.

Here''s a pic of neatfreak''s stunner for reference:

SAP007.jpg

I wanted to figure out the setting details & costs before committing to the new stone.

I think I''ve narrowed it down to 2 possible setting options & would love to know which one you guys prefer.

#1 would be a modification of stock setting to achieve a Harry Winston/Daniel K double claw prong solitaire look in 14K
white gold:

HWring2.jpg

DKAyummy!!.jpg

Option 2 is an antique reproduction setting in platinum. It would be about $200 more expensive than the solitaire setting in white gold, but wouldn''t be customized.

Which setting do you prefer? Also, I''m thinking I might like to wear the ring with my wedding band on occasion. Do you think that would make more sense to go with the platinum ring, then, or would it matter?

Thanks for your help!

aer#l1030collage.jpg

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
I don''t know why the last photo didn''t show up, but here is option #2:

antiqueengagementrings#L1030.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Still can''t see #2

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Ack! This doesn't seem to be working.

Setting option#2 is the last setting on page 2 of the settings page here (stock #L1030). I can't figure out how to attach the file.
33.gif

kellyfish

Brilliant_Rock
I am biased in favor of the vintage looks, so I like the L1030....very cool stone, too....

ImpatientOne

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooh, I love #2!!! I think it would look awesome with a sapphire, esp an asscher!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is #2 this one??

If so ... I prefer it because it has a little sumpthin sumpthin to soften the angular asscher

brightspotsetting2.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also think it would look AMAZING in a three-stone setting with baby white diamond asschers astride.
18.gif

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
I love the look of that stone as well and have spoken with Jeff too.
emsmile.gif

I vote for number 2 ... I think that would be beautiful!!

sera

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 5:16:01 PM
Author: decodelighted
I also think it would look AMAZING in a three-stone setting with baby white diamond asschers astride.
18.gif
Yeah... ditto that... channel set step cut setting (or step trap sidestones).

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the one Deco posted better too.

emilina22

Brilliant_Rock
ohhh cool stone!! and about the setting i would also vote wthe a classic three stone with asscher sides, or the one deco posted or your #2

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes - the 2nd one looks wonderful!!!!!!!!!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For a right hand ring, I''d choose the Daniel K style split shank asscher setting...Leon makes one, too! I think solitaire settings look like e-rings.

TaraLeigh

Rough_Rock
Date: 2/13/2008 9:00:18 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
For a right hand ring, I''d choose the Daniel K style split shank asscher setting...Leon makes one, too! I think solitaire settings look like e-rings.
That is the exact look I am going for...
2.gif

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like number 2 better, but leon''s settings are much more well-made than AER. I agree with diamondseeker that it might look a little like an engagement ring. Have you thought about going the split shank or halo route?

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
I vote for number 2 I love that look!!

Linda

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Guess I''m the weirdo--I prefer #1.
1.gif

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Thanks so much for your help & thoughtful suggestions!

And Deco, thanks for posting the pic of the AER setting. That was indeed the one I was eyeing.

LisaC, I was also looking at that Cartier repro setting you posted. I wonder if these guys would be trustworthy to set the sapphire.

Tara, a stone like this in a split shank setting will be to die for! I can''t wait to see yours!

kcoursolle, you bring up a good point regarding the quality of the antiqueengagementrings settings. Do you think it would be good enough quality for a RHR? I like the fact that the setting is in platinum & pretty affordable.

The option I was considering would be for Quest to make something like the double claw setting above in white gold.

Here are a few more considerations on my project:

*I''m doing this on a budget, so, sadly, a Leon setting or a 3-stone with asscher side diamonds would be out. (Wouldn''t that be fantastic, though?
30.gif
) I''d like to keep the setting in the $600-800 range if possible.

*My e-ring has a halo, so I''d like a different look for this RHR. I agree with you that solitaires tend to look more like e-rings. I was pretty indecisive on my e-ring, so I think I''m trying to re-create my other favorite choice (simple setting with asscher center stone) in a colored stone ring.

*This will primarily be a RHR, but I''d like the option to be able to wear it on my left hand with my wedding band on occasion, so a style that would coordinate with my w-band would be ideal. As my wedding band is in platinum, would it look better/be safer to get this setting in platinum as well?

Here''s a (blurry) pic of my wedding band for reference. (Mine''s the one on top!)

Thanks again for your help!

our 2 rings stacked.jpg

chickpea

Shiny_Rock
setting #2 would be gorgeous with your wedding band!

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry if this is a dumb question, where is #1 from? I like it. However, I think that it would be stunning in a split shank.

BrightSpot

Ideal_Rock
Hey Mishka,

There are actually 2 settings pictured for setting #1. They would be the inspiration for a semi-custom setting, so I don''t have an exact picture of the setting. Setting #2 is a stock setting.

Ok, now you guys have me thinking about split shanks...

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Setting #2 is one of my all-time favs (they had it for a while, and I loved it years ago!!!!)........MY VOTE IS FOR #2
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results