shape
carat
color
clarity

Which season would you want to get married in?

What is the best season for a wedding?

• Spring

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Summer

• Winter

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
So FI and I are trying to decide when we should set our date (we''re leaning towards end of Sept 2011), so I thought I''d start a fun poll to see what season other brides would pick/have picked for their big day! And if anyone has any input as to whether Sept 17th or 24th would be a better day (getting married in Ontario, Canada), I''d love to hear opinions ;-)

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted Winter, since that''s when we''re getting married, but I was ok with Fall or Winter. Definitely not Summer, and not fond of Spring either (ALLERGIES!).

I''d say September 24th, because my favorite month is October, so take that for what it''s worth!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
I also voted for winter being a winter bride myself. I find its romantic in its own way...and it is a little cheaper sometimes!

MagsyMay

Brilliant_Rock
Fall! Not too hot, not too cold, jusssst right!
1.gif
I''m also biased...September 2010 for us. No preference between the 17th and 24th for me, although some people I know like even numbers for wedding dates!
33.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Freke - I agree... I have crazy allergies so a Spring wedding would just not work for me! As for the date, we''re thinking the 24th would work better, because it is more of a Fall date :)

sba - winter is the other season we''re considering... it is so romantic, but we''re worried about having a crazy snow storm, and being in southwestern ontario, it''s highly possible :S

magsy - yay for September! I''d never really thought about odd vs. even numbers for a date. The 24th would be exactly 2 years from the day he proposed, so it''s got a bit of sentiment... I suppose thats two reasons in support of the 24th!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
BUT....imagine taking wedding pictures in snow....

Yeah, I wish, but we''re doing it up Vegas style, so snow isn''t happening!!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
I voted for fall because I love the look of fall-themed weddings with dark, saturated reds, browns, and purples. So rich looking! But I''ll probably end up being a summer bride because I''ll probably in law school by the time we get married...

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats on your recent engagement!

Being from SW Ontario as well, I voted for spring. Not only because that''s when we''re getting married and my birthday is in the spring, but because the summers here are grossly hot and humid (or wet and miserable this past summer) and the winters are unpredictable and can be realllly, reallllly cold! My second choice would be fall/autumn.
1.gif

Do you have any particular venues in mind??

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Our top pick right now is the Rattlesnake Golf Club in Milton, but we''re thinking that a winery in niagara region might be nice too... Where abouts are you planning Sammy? Are you planning for spring 2010?

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
I said winter because I live in QLD and winter is in my opinion the best time of year yet the least popular for a wedding the weather is beautiful and there is slight chance of rain :) - perfect

cindygenit

Brilliant_Rock
Spring! Eventhough my own wedding is in winter LOL

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Summer! I hate the cold and winter - it makes me feel pasty and fat lol. Not what I want to be feeling on the big day!

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted summer as that''s when I got married. Our weather is probably milder though that yours in summer so that would definitely factor in.

noelwr

Brilliant_Rock
I also said spring (though I too have hay fever). everything is new and green, and there are little lambs, calves and ducklings... just the feeling of a new life.

also very important to me is the dress. for fall and winter I''d have to have a dress to cover up my arms and shoulders as I can''t stand the cold, but that''s not the kind of dress I would have wanted.

I got married in September, which was spring in South Africa.

ckrickett

Ideal_Rock
I want a fall wedding, that is my absolute favorite time of year!

stephbolt

Brilliant_Rock
I voted fall even though I''m getting married in spring - FI and I got engaged in March and didn''t think we had time to plan for this fall, and didn''t want to wait for the following fall, so spring it was. My only stipulation was that it not be summer, it is so muggy and hot in summer here in the mid-atlantic and I did not want to be a sweaty bride.

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
I voted for fall, because that is my favourite season and it would''ve been lovely if we could''ve gotten married then. However, we''re getting married at the beginning of April (that weird transition period between winter and spring, or maybe just winter? depends
1.gif
) and Memorial Day weekend (kickoff to summer!). We chose those times because they were the best fit with the immigration stuff and, for the Memorial Day stuff, the best weather to do bumper boats!
9.gif

Lynnie

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 10:14:16 AM
Author: stephbolt
I voted fall even though I''m getting married in spring - FI and I got engaged in March and didn''t think we had time to plan for this fall, and didn''t want to wait for the following fall, so spring it was. My only stipulation was that it not be summer, it is so muggy and hot in summer here in the mid-atlantic and I did not want to be a sweaty bride.
Ditto to everything. I got engaged in January, and we didn''t have enough time or money to plan for fall, and didn''t want to wait another year, so spring it was. Fall is my favorite time of year, though. The colors and crisp air do it for me, I think.

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I voted for fall, because I''m having a fall wedding. After getting engaged in June, we wanted a fall wedding so badly that we ended up throwing it together in less than 4 months!

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
We wanted an off season wedding to save money. I voted fall, because we''re in November.

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/5/2009 2:50:01 PM
Author: elledizzy5
I voted for fall, because I''m having a fall wedding. After getting engaged in June, we wanted a fall wedding so badly that we ended up throwing it together in less than 4 months!
We knew we wanted a fall wedding as well. We were engaged in Feb., so we had the choice of doing the fall of that year or waiting a year and a half. We planned it for the immediate fall and those 7 months felt like forever!

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
i voted summer (and i''m having a summer wedding) but i also would''ve loved a spring wedding. i can''t stand being cold and in nyc winter is unpredictable so that was out.

i think september is a perfect month (and I vote for the 17th b/c 17 is my fave #!). I like that time of the year when the summer is sort of winding down and you get those last few days of warm weather. it''ll be perfect.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
I'd prefer winter/early spring for several reasons - a little cheaper, I want a DW so it's an excuse to escape dreary weather for a while, and BF's mom has MS so a beach wedding in the summer is out. She does much better in milder temperatures, so that's my biggest concern with picking the time of year. Plus, I'd like to keep it close to our dating anniversary, which is in late January.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the fall, so that''s what I voted.

That being said, my husband and I married last summer because I''m a teacher, so that made the most sense for us. We wanted to take a long honeymoon, and I definitely didn''t want to take off two weeks from teaching.

Look up Musey''s wedding pictures, if you''re not sold on a fall wedding yet, those gorgeous photos will convince you!

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
I voted Summer - but, I really love late Summer early Fall - end of August, September. I don''t like cold weather. I would even go early October if it was still warm, or if destination (cuz that is what I am doing!!)
9.gif

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
I always wanted a summer wedding, but Fall was my second choice. How cool would a Halloween-time wedding be?!

trillionaire

Ideal_Rock
Yay for Sept 2010 weddings! Woot!

9/25/10 for me! Hope you join the September brides!
36.gif
2.gif

sammyj

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/4/2009 7:18:19 PM
Author: Erinleigh
Our top pick right now is the Rattlesnake Golf Club in Milton, but we''re thinking that a winery in niagara region might be nice too... Where abouts are you planning Sammy? Are you planning for spring 2010?
Hey Erin! I hear Rattlesnake is beautiful...and a great golf course too! We live in Oakville so we checked out Halton Regional Museum and Gambrel Barn in Milton, as well as the Ancaster Old Mill. There are so many amazing options outside the GTA and in Niagara but they would have been too far for our families to travel so we decided to get married in Waterloo next May. Let me know if you have any questions re: vendors as I''ve been researching like a mad woman!
41.gif

Erinleigh

Shiny_Rock
Hey Sammy,
Small world! I grew up in Burlington! Haha, you''re the first PSer I''ve seen to be this close... We live in London now, but as I had mentioned, are looking for venues in the GTA/Niagara. I actually have TONS of questions re: vendors- if you don''t mind chatting more, perhaps we could ask the admins for eachothers emails?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results