shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one looks best with a cushion? (or in general)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

joker382

Rough_Rock
Number 1:

E12_a_m.jpg

joker382

Rough_Rock
Number 2

gi_WF-4149_m.jpg

joker382

Rough_Rock
Number 3:

FelHofSpShR_1.jpg

joker382

Rough_Rock
I am looking for a split shank style, similar to the one on Grey''s anatomy (if anyone saw that ring). I think these are similar, but I am also afraid of getting a matching wedding band? Any ideas?

rockzilla

Brilliant_Rock
I like #1 and #3 the best. And #1 is probably your best bet for a flush-ish fitting wedding band

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all 3. Hard to know if #3 will sit flush with a wedding band, since the profile wasn''t shown. Can you get a profile pic for us, it''s a lovely setting. #2 looks like it would sit flush, but best to ask WF. They are all great choices!!!

joker382

Rough_Rock
Here is the profile of Number 3

FelHofSpShR_2.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Number three. That''s a HOF setting isn''t it? A retailer right by my work will sell them to non HOF stone owners. It''s stunning, and oh so very tempting!

joker382

Rough_Rock
What''s HOF and where do you work? or what is the name of the retailer?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I like #3, but #2 isn''t bad if that''s the correct profile. There was another thread a while back that had a different picture of the WF Divisi setting, and they compared it to this one and wondered which one was right.

Corseted

Rough_Rock
I love #3! You could custom-make a curved wedding band
41.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I kind of like #1 best but only because I've SEEN it on a cushion (in pictures) here on Pricescope. WHO got that?? Anyone remember? Danhov ... a couple shopping together ... gorgeous cushion pix ... I wanna say Florida? Pinky nude nailpolish & jeans (this is getting creepy).
3.gif

Anyway -- it had a gorgeous flow from the side view also -- which is not as evident in the picture here.

I do like the shapes of the other two with cushions - you probably can't go WRONG with any of them. I just remember that #1 jealously
27.gif

ETA: It's PORTIA I think ... here is her thread Can anyone else take a look & confirm??

AIGHH -- shoot ... it's not the same ring. Hmmm. But it's a Danhov that looks great with a cushion. Who had that split-shank Danhov????

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
In general, I prefer #3. But I agree with Deco that I think #1 will look best with a cushion.

FLgirl41

Shiny_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 9:13:06 AM
Author: neatfreak
In general, I prefer #3. But I agree with Deco that I think #1 will look best with a cushion.
I agree as well. But I just love #3. I think i saw that ring somewhere on here and showed by bf it, and am hoping when I finally get engaged that is what it looks like. But I agree the first one would look best with a cushion. It is hard to tell what #3 would look like with a cushion. Good luck in your decision making!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
I love setting #3 too!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 1:24:39 AM
Author: joker382
What''s HOF and where do you work? or what is the name of the retailer?
Hearts on Fire = HOF it''s a branded ''super ideal'' cut of diamonds. They have settings that they will only set with their own diamonds, generally. As for where I work... that''s irrelevant. The jeweler, however, is in Milpitas California.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I think all three are quite beautiful and I think any of them could potentially work for a cushion. I have seen that Hearts on Fire setting at a jewelry store though and I think it is simply breathtaking! I own a HOF setting myself that I have worn for two years now and I have been very impressed with the quality.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like #3 the best, and #2 is a close second. #2 looks like it would sit flush...I would ask, though.

portia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2007 9:11:07 AM
Author: decodelighted
I kind of like #1 best but only because I''ve SEEN it on a cushion (in pictures) here on Pricescope. WHO got that?? Anyone remember? Danhov ... a couple shopping together ... gorgeous cushion pix ... I wanna say Florida? Pinky nude nailpolish & jeans (this is getting creepy).
3.gif

Anyway -- it had a gorgeous flow from the side view also -- which is not as evident in the picture here.

I do like the shapes of the other two with cushions - you probably can''t go WRONG with any of them. I just remember that #1 jealously
27.gif

ETA: It''s PORTIA I think ... here is her thread Can anyone else take a look & confirm??

AIGHH -- shoot ... it''s not the same ring. Hmmm. But it''s a Danhov that looks great with a cushion. Who had that split-shank Danhov????

Haha Deco! I can''t believe you remember DH''s and my ring shopping excursion. It must be this thread you were remembering...

https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/he-purchased-the-cushion-now-which-setting-pics.34779/

I
must say I am impressed... you have it right down to the Danhov, jeans and nail polish (well... except we''re in Chicago... but everything else was right)! LOL

joker382,
I don''t think you can go wrong with any of those settings. They are all beautiful and would compliment a cushion perfectly. I tried on the first setting you posted. Absolutely gorgeous! Funny though... they always show it with a really large stone. In fact, when I tried it on at Dimend Scaasi it had 5 ct. cushion CZ set in it. It''s a stunning setting. The workmanship on the Danhov rings is just amazing. I have a Danhov (not split shank) and I''m very happy with mine.

As far as a wedding band goes, I think it may sit better with the first two settings since they aren''t as curved as #3. Personally, I don''t mind the look of a wedding band not perfectly flush with an ering.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #3 the best. It seems the most delicate.

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s another vote for #3!

joker382

Rough_Rock
You guys are all awesome. I love all the input, and yes it is a Hearts of Fire setting. After you said that I looked it up because I couldn''t remember where I saw it. I am going on Tuesday to a jeweler near me to that sells it. I will keep you posted as to the progress of my shopping experience.

parkerj

Shiny_Rock
#3--looks very feminine. Beautiful choice!

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love the top view of #3, but not the side. it looks unfinished or something. i also like #1.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results