shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one is the better choice? Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Miner

Rough_Rock
Hello,

Can anyone please provide their opinion on which of these two stones would ''look'' the best?

Carat Weight: 0.78
Color Grade: F
Clarity Grade: VS2
Depth: 60.5 %
Table: 56 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: None
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Excellent
Fluorescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: Cloud
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 15 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.6°
Pavilion Depth: 43 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 75 %
Cut Grade: Excellent

or

Measurements: 5.90 - 5.95 x 3.67 mm
Carat Weight: 0.77
Color Grade: E
Clarity Grade: VS2
Depth: 61.9 %Table: 54 %
Girdle: Thin to Medium, Faceted
Culet: NoneFinish:
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Fluorescence: None
Clarity Characteristics: Feather, Crystal
Crown Angle: 34.5°
Crown Height: 16 %
Pavilion Angle: 40.8°
Pavilion Depth: 43 %
Star length: 55 %
Lower Half: 80 %
Cut Grade: Excellent

Thanks !!!!...almost there !!

W2W

Rough_Rock
I would pick the first one only because it probably appears bigger because it has less depth. The color difference won''t be apparent in my opinion so I''d gp for size. I just bought a pair of whiteflash es studs that are an f color and they are almost too white.
28.gif

Did you try HCA? Have you seen them in person?

Miner

Rough_Rock
Hi, thanks

I did try the HCA, the first one scored 0.6 and the 2nd scored 1.5..also, I have been reading that a lower facet length around 80 may look better than 75.

I haven''t seen either one...so only going by numbers.

Thanks,

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
2nd would be my pick assuming equal optical symmetry.
Do you have IS images?

Miner

Rough_Rock
Hi,

Diamond # 2 is about $ 100 more has a little less of a spread and has very good symmetry verus excellent, however is does score much better and does look to be a good choice.

This is the size of diamond # one 5.96 x 6.01 x 3.62

I don''t have any images of either stone.

Cheers

Stephan

Ideal_Rock
With so much details, some experts of the forum could create .gem files for you.
So you could compare them...
37.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
While I like the HCA score a little better for #2, I''m leaning towards #1 anyway. The symmetry is better, and I like the table % more. Also I just have a preference for clouds over feathers. Just visually I have a hard time spotting clouds even with a loupe.
Personally I''d would want to take a look at the IS, and see a photo before I pulled the trigger on them. And I''d also just call and ask the vendor which one they thought was prettier.

Miner

Rough_Rock
Thanks Cut Rock and Ideal Rock,

Good advice...I am also leaning towards stone #1..a little cheaper, a little bigger..and I suspect that they would both look very much the same?

I was a little thrown off by the lower facet lenght 75...I heard and read that this could make a big difference.

If you know of anyone who would run an analyisis on these two stones that would be great !!

Thanks

Houseparty

Rough_Rock
Here are some comments by someone very new to the community:
Photo finish, one could make a case for either. They both earn GIA and AGS top cut grade, so that makes both legitimate finalists:

Top Stone Advantage:
Larger spread
Symmetry
Preferred Clarity Characteristcs

Bottom Stone Advantage:
Color
Perfect PA (40.8), and compliments 34.5 CA
Preferred lower half

As Wren said, at these levels, a lower HCA score may not always be better. I recently bought a 56 table, and now that it is set, the table looks larger. 56 may be the most popular figure now, but I would be just as happy with a 54.

With only this information, it looks like a tie to me (wimp). Let''s us know which you pick.

David

Miner

Rough_Rock
Thanks everyone...

I will let everyone know which one was chosen.

Cheers,

Miner

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I am going to flip a coin today on these...would anyone be able to run a DiamCalc or GemAdviser for me.

It would be very much appreciated...who knew that buying a diamond would be so techincal...I''ve actually enjoyed learning about diamonds.

Thanks to all who have offered their opinions !!

Thanks

Small

Brilliant_Rock
Wow...tough call! I''d probably say I''d lean towards #1 but they are probably a toss up. I''d like the bigger look myself since the spread is bigger but the HCA is better on the second...so don''t know.
Let us know how it goes. Hope you can find someone to run the Diamcalc or gemadvisor for you.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
If pressed I''d go for #1 also. Tough call though. Good luck in making your decision!!!
1.gif

Miner

Rough_Rock
I may wait a until tomorrow just to see if someone is able to run an analysis on the two stones and come up with a tie breaker report. Otherwise, I think I will opt for stone # 1 and save the extra 100 bucks..

Thanks,

Miner

Rough_Rock
Anyone have any final late night thoughts about these two...

Cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results