shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one is a better deal?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ec1

Rough_Rock
Hi,

I was wondering if anybody could tell me which of these stones is a better deal.

Stone #1

Super Ideal, Branded H&A
Carat: .76
Color: D
Clarity: VS1
Flourescence: Strong Blue
Price: $4320

Crown Angle: 34.2
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion Depth: 43.1%

Stone #2
Super Ideal, Non-Branded H&A
Carat: .776
Color: D
Clarity VS2
Flourescence: Negligible

Crown Angle: 34
Pavilion Angle: 40.9
Pavilion Depth: 43.1%
Price: $4212

I kind of like the fact that the first one is branded, but the Strong Blue Florescence with D Color, has me a little bit worried. So which, would you consider a good deal or I should just forget both of them and wait for some better deals. Also, do you think it would be cheaper if I got a E or F color stone instead.

Any help would be appreciated,
EC

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
You can make your own mind up with regard prices by using the price search funstions available free on Pricescope.

With regard the cut - the HCA scores are great and the symmetry is not a problem.

DEF colors are not easy to pick even in side by side comparisons. VS2 is also better value. You could jump the size up a lot with say F SI1 - but this is all your choice, not ours :)

ec1

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the reply, Garry!

Should I be worried about the strong flourescence in stone #1, I''ve read that I should avoid strong blue flourescence for a D color stone.

I was also wondering if anybody could tell me which company uses Isee2? I''m aware that Goodoldgold uses it, but does WF, Superbcert or NiceIce use it. It seems like a neat equipment to find out how diamonds performs under normal light conditions.

Thanks,
EC

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results