shape
carat
color
clarity

Which one do you like?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

callista

Rough_Rock
I found a couple of men''s rings.

AB24500100_zoom.jpg

callista

Rough_Rock
How about this one?

AB36500400_zoom.jpg

callista

Rough_Rock
another...

JRECF516140.jpg

callista

Rough_Rock
I found one with asschers! Not too keen on the band though...

Picture all these bands with asschers. I''m stumped!
23.gif

wed03C_large.jpg

callista

Rough_Rock
One more!

nice13110.jpg

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Which one I would like for myself? The wide smooth one with Asshers around - sure enough.

If I were a guy who doesn''t wear any other jewelry but a watch and the (very) occasional cuff links... it would be the first. At most two tone (two white metals or different finishes) and probably with a step cut diamond not princess.

Most guys I know wear simple wedding bands or not even that.

jpinsly

Rough_Rock
Coming from a guy who wears nothing but a nice watch, all of those are too modern looking. Go for a simple band, no jewels, maybe something with a milgrain edge.

It would simply be too much "bling" for someone not accustomed to jewelry.

My opinion, others may differ.

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Defintely number one!

Blod
35.gif

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd like any below ... in general, as a piece of jewelry. Otherwise, voting for non-bling.

CBtrans.JPG

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
i totally disagree with everyone from above. I don't wear any other jewelery at all. No watch, no necklaces, bracelets, cufflinks etc. an occasional pocket watch or a tie tack that looks like a fountain pen, and that is it.

I have a .24 h&a w/ 2 sapphires set into a platinum band.

I would see if you can't get the polished outsides with the satin inside one set with small asschers in some way. that would look outstanding.

Don't listen to what other people say about having "bling" in a men's ring or whatever. Do what you want, if you want some diamonds, then put some diamonds in there. it matters not if you wear other jewelery at all.

I have gotten at least 100 comments on how great my ring looks and how everyone likes that it looks so cool, and not boring. Never have i ever had anyone question my ring choice, or said "man that looks stupid you have a diamond in your ring."

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Well, I''m also a gal who prefers men''s rings to be plain. So, it''s got to have stones, I''d pick the first one.

AmberWaves

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2005 9:20:14 AM
Author: sylvesterii

Don''t listen to what other people say about having ''bling'' in a men''s ring or whatever. Do what you want, if you want some diamonds, then put some diamonds in there. it matters not if you wear other jewelery at all.
I don''t think it''s so much what SHE wants her husband to have- but what she thinks he''d wear every day. Keep in mind that the ones with all the lines (seams?) in it may get dirty easily with all the crevices to get into. Also consider his job, and if he uses his hands a lot, with mucky things in it.
28.gif
. I like the plainer one. That''s my .02. good luck!!

Shawna13

Rough_Rock
I like #1 and #5 the best. I just had a ring made up with a 0.09ct princess cut in it. It looks very sharp and the diamond doesn''t really sparkle too much. Nice thing about the one stone is that if your man doesn''t feel like showing the diamond (depending on the situation or his mood or something) he can just flip it to inside of his hand. And brushed gold is quite the hot look now... and can be re-brushed if needed.

RB''s are very sparkly in a men''s ring... so some men may not like that as much. I also have pictures of some men''s bands with a small baguette in it, which adds a bit of character (if you''re interested).

callista

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for chiming in!

It looks like a lot of the responses like the more simple, single diamond or no diamond at all. I wanted to see what the "trend" was for mens bands these days.

My BF loooves "bling". When we discussing my ring, he said, "well then I want diamonds too!" Hee hee hee! That was so funny! So I said, "Fine! Just stop whining!" And ever since then, I''ve been looking for his ring, since he said I''m being selfish looking for only myself!

I like the single diamond look band, but like AmberWaves stated, "it''s not what I want him to have..."
Oh, BTW, the BF is a techie, so I think the band with the seams would be fine, but I never thought about dirt getting intot the crevices, thats for the insight AmberWaves.
emsmile.gif

Ana: thanks for the images of the rings! I was I was that computer savvy! They give me better insight.

sylvesterii: I like #2 as well! It''s very different and unique! Most married men I know have plain bands, but one friend has a very sleek, trendy band with a blue diamond in it, and I thought, wow! Very nice! He''s a very simple guy, no watch even! But that simple band draws attention!

As for my BF, he only wears a watch and a plain silver band on the same hand, but loves wearing rings and wants diamonds, so I think he''d really like #2.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Then go with #2!!!
2.gif

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
missed that it was for the future husband. I still think the same, so long as he thinks it is a good idea (and i believe he does from the last post). It is a misconception that a diamond in a men''s band is some sort of faux pas.

HeeBeeGB

Rough_Rock
i think a little bling is nice and i dont mind the ones you had picked. I normally wear a ring on my pinky finger with diamonds...mind you, theyre black diamonds. But i dont mind diamonds at all....eevveryone
20.gif
has just a plain one....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results