shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these would you go for ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

redface

Rough_Rock
I have read the tutorial, looked at the price database and everything I am seeing in the UK looks significantly overpriced but as Ive ruled out a foreign purchase, I am where I am. So if it was a choice between these three diamonds on a price and certificate vs certificate analysis which would you go for ?

Please help as this is beginning to send me crazy. There seems to be a lot of sales people out here that are as trust worthy as some real estate agents (no disrespect to any out there !!)

STONE 1 priced at $8750
GIA cert
Round brilliant
6.19-6.29x3.90
0.94 Carat
Clarity VS1
Colour Grade D

Prpns
Depth 62.5%
Table 60%
Girdle M to STH, Faceted
Culet None
Finish
Polish Excellent
Symettrey VG
Clarity VS1
Colour Grade D
Flouresence NONE

STONE 2 priced at $7200
GIA cert
Round brilliant
6.25-6.30x3.89
0.95 Carat
Clarity VS2
Colour Grade D
Prpns
Depth 62%
Table 59%
Girdle M to STH, Faceted
Culet None
Finish
Polish VG
Symettrey VG
Flouresence MED BLUE

STONE 3 priced at $7600
GIA cert
Round brilliant
6.17-6.20x3.81
0.90 Carat
Clarity VS2
Colour Grade D
Prpns
Depth 61.6%
Table 61%
Girdle STH, Faceted
Culet None
Finish
Polish Excellent
Symettrey VG
Flouresence NONE

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Based on intuition and some experience, I''d probably perfer #2. Least costly and pretty much as good color/clarity as the others. Looks the largest.
Caution: be sure the UB fluorescence does not cloudy the stone in strong, direct sunlight.

You should compare all three side-by-side, but that is rarely possible. Do it if you can.
What you want is a diamond that you will never regret buying because someone is unhappy with it. Of course, they might prefer a larger one at a later time, but that is something to be expected and not really a major consideration in the inital purchase. unlerss you would refuse to ever consider a larger stone at a later date.

redface

Rough_Rock
Thanks. You read mixed things about the flouresence but Ill check the cloudy point. Do the proportions look roughly right on number 2. Ive read you should have 6.5mm on a 1 carat stone so is there an equivalent on a 0.95 ?

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You are in the ballpark on #2. None are bad stones, but you asked for someone to pick one. Every diamond is an individual and you don''t have even close to the amount of data required to truly predict beauty. As I said, the choice was intuitive, an experts guess.

redface

Rough_Rock
All that is very very useful and experts educated guess is better than any view I could hope to come up with so thanks again
36.gif

S

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, those weights just below 1 ct are not very easy to find.... I wish there was an ideal cut round D/VS is right on target, but there doesn''t seem to be any at the moment.

How does E-VS1 sound ? This one comes with more of a detailed presentation, so there is less guesswork about it''s looks left.

Here it is: 1 carat E.VS1

DI40X_GIA-13681072.jpg

Since the net prices are a tad milder, 8k and a bit also contain a D/VS2 with the same great look: 1.03cts D VS2

ags0002566209gs1a.jpg

The D/VS2 is harts and arrows cut. Both are have AGS0 proportions...

Hope this helps a bit - at least for comparison.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results