shape
carat
color
clarity

Which of these men''s diamond bands do you like better?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I have too many ideas floating around in my head, but for once this one isn''t for me.
2.gif

My husband has said he''s wanted a diamond band for some time but he doesn''t want to spend the money on one. So, I thought of maybe surprising him and having one made. Any thoughts or suggestions are welcome.
1.gif

Idea #1: titanium 2 tone band from Boone Rings. I have my .38ct round that was originally my husband''s grandfather''s to begin with. I was having a new pendant made for it but I think it would look awesome in this ring. Does it sound weird though for me to give this stone back to him? I really like this ring and it seems to be popular with the guys on this site.

boonetensionset.jpg

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Idea #2: When my husband was looking at wedding bands a while ago he liked something like this. A couple of his friends have rings like this. I have 6 .02ct stones from my original e-ring setting that I am not using and thought they would look nice in a channel setting like this.

Now I don''t necessarily have to use either the melee or my original stone, but I know he would never go out and buy a diamond for himself, and I don''t think he would be thrilled for me to just go out and buy him a diamond. He doesn''t spend money on himself like that. On computer stuff he does, but not on jewelry.

Thanks in advance.

menschannelsetband.jpg

JDgirl

Shiny_Rock
Personally, I prefer the first setting. I think it's gorgeous, yet masculine at the same time! The second one isn't as masculine looking to me. I don't know if giving the diamond back would be weird, someone else will have to chime in on that one. But I think the whole idea sounds great and very sweet!

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
definitely the 1st one.

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I am a guy an I would vote for the second one, partly because I personally do not like the two-toned look of the first choice.

ChooChoo

Brilliant_Rock
Another vote for 1, hands down!

WTNLVR

Brilliant_Rock
I like the first one. I think using his gfa''s stone would make it extra special.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the two as they are posted, I prefer #2. I know a man with a wedding ring like that and it looks really good. His is a little blingy, but his stones are way bigger than 2 pointers. I think the 2 pointers would look really nice. While I like the design of #1, I don''t like the look of the 2 tone titanium. I actually don''t like the look of titanium at all. If it were a wg ring, I''d go with #1.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like 1# better. I do not like the 2nd for a couple reasons. 1. I think it looks dated and overdone. I like the more modern and fresh look of 1#. 2. There is something about round stones in channel set that really bugs me. I hate the spaces. Princess or other square/rectangle stones look great because they sit flush.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don't usually love bling on dudes .. but here are a couple of rings I saw that I thought were totally tasteful.

All three are Christan Bauer from Pearlmans. ETA: I saw this one with BLACK diamonds and FLIPPED. It was really, really cool looking

bauerchannel.jpg

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Next one

bauer2.jpg

icefisher

Rough_Rock
They''re both nice, but this guy votes for No. 1. Simple and understated, and the more I look at the two-tone the more I like it. No. 2 is sharp as well, just happens to be a little blingy for my taste.

Plus then you could take the six 2-pointers and have them set into his computer mouse.
emsmiled.gif

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
And a third ...

bauer3.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohhh...deco...I like the last one you posted!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/23/2006 9:50:02 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
ohhh...deco...I like the last one you posted!

Something like it could probably be made from the stones Pebbles already has too ... if that''s the goal.

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I love #1. You''re right, that does seem a little strange to give him back the stone...but as long as he''s okay with it, that''s fine! It''s his grandfather''s diamond, which makes it a family heirloom. I''m sure he''d be proud to wear the diamond.

dlg

Rough_Rock
I really like the second one that deco posted! In any case, I think that if you are going to get him diamonds in the band, it makes it more masculine to do that with the brushed metal look.

BrownEyes

Shiny_Rock
I think the 1st tension setting is STUNNING --- your guy will love it, especially with his grandfather''s stone!

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pebbles!

I think it would be something very special to do for your husband. What I am wondering is if he would really want a diamond the size of his grandfathers? Some men love diamonds, some do not, some like them small, some like them bigger. I say feel your husband out for this info first.

I had to get my husband a titanium ring for his wedding band due to allegies to gold and platinum. They are not all ugly. There are many different colors to choose from, and color combinations! Also, are desinged like regular men's desinger rings, with and without diamonds, and the textures! Wow ... it was difficult to choose all the awesome textures! The first ring you posted looks like titanium with a yellow gold inlay. There are also different types of titanium quality. Some are more durable and scratch resistant than others. I got my husband I believe it was a grade 4. He has had it now for almost 2 years, and it still looks awesome!

I think the first ring looks very cool, however, I am just wondering how that design would hold up to an active mans lifestyle? Do you think if he was playing basketball or working out if he bumped his hand really hard would the diamond pop out? Maybe it could just be a dinner ring or something if that is the case.

I do like the second pic you posted as well. It is classic, and I don't think it is too dated. My husband into Fru-fru like I am. He likes bold, clean and classic lines.

I really love the ring decodelighted posted. #3 ! Just lovin' it.

Have fun with this ... what an awesome idea!
35.gif

qtiekiki

Ideal_Rock
I vote for #1. When we were looking for wedding bands, I wanted something like that for DH but he didn''t like it. He said he didn''t want a "big" diamond like that or any diamonds for that matter. That''s until he tried on his wedding band. I don''t like channel set band for men; I don''t think it''s masculine looking. But that''s just me. Do you know if your DH like styles similar to band #1? It''s more modern, is he into modern looking jewelry? If you know he liked band #2 for sure, then you can''t go wrong with that.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If it has to include diamonds, I vote for #1. I only say "if it has to include diamonds" because my DH hates the look of stones in a men''s wedding band. I don''t mind a stone in a tension setting such as #1 at all though...I think it''s masculine without being "blingy," and I love the two tone versatility of the ring. Through the years, it will be a classic design that he can wear with any type of metal he chooses, whether it be a watch (silver, gold, or two tone) or other jewelry.

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
I love #1!!!!! I don''t think it is strange at all to give him back his grandfather''s stone. Actually, I think it is quite sweet. It is a family heirloom after all. It''s wonderful that each of you have been able to enjoy it and think of grandpa whenever you look down at that stone.
1.gif

I purchased a 2-tone titanium ring for my husband a couple years ago, and he loves it. He wears it more than his other wedding rings (yes, he has several) because it is light weight and very comfortable. Every so often he goes over it with a soft scotch-brite pad to rub the minor scratches out, and it looks as good as new.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Of the two you posted, I like number one and think it''s very sweet to use his grandfather''s stone..

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
i like #1 as well.
2.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the thoughts everyone!

I really like #1 and I think he would too. He has a plain titanium band that he loves so that's why I was leaning toward another titanium band. He likes how lightweight it feels. He does like the two tone look as well.

I too also like the ones Deco posted. I had showed him the 3 one Deco posted a long time ago b/c they had a ladies version of it but he didn't like it even for himself. I have seen the first one with the black diamonds and even though I like it, I don't think he would. I'll have to check out Pearlman's again but I think I really want to get him titanium.

I don't have to use either the grandpa's stone or the melee from my band, but the melee are just sitting there until I can find another use for them. I think my hubby might think his grandpa's stone is too big for him so maybe I'll look for something like .25 - .30ct for that ring. I'll have to e-mail WF to see what they have in that size. I ran this idea by my sister and she thinks he might take me giving back his grandpa's stone the wrong way anyway. Since I did get an upgrade last year, he may think "oh I have no need for this anymore so you can have it back". Definitely don't want to send that idea! He loves the fact that I wear it as a pendant so I don't want him to think I am not sentimental at all since it is the stone he proposed with.
1.gif

Thanks again! I'll let you know what I decide.

ETA: I just re-read MsDarlinJoy's post -- my hubby is the type of guy that takes off his watch and ring as soon as he walks in the door. He never wears his ring to the gym or doing yard work or even just around the house. As soon as he's ready to go anywhere (even to the store) he puts it back on, so I think it would be OK for his lifestyle.
2.gif

sylvesterii

Shiny_Rock
#1, but perhaps a bit wider? 7 or 8mm perhaps?

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Pebbels!

Oh my ... I didn''t know that your hubby proposed to you with grandpa''s stone ... I definately would not give it back to him!! Keep it in the pendant and wear that puppy dangling just above your heart ... I am sure he loved granpakin''s dearly and when he looks at you and your wearing it ... I sure he is more than happy!

Well I think a smaller stone would look awesome in ring #1. I looked at some of sylvesterii''s past threads for other ideas, wow! I am getting some ideas myself from both of you! I don''t know how wide ring #1 is, but I definately would agree, go for wider rather than a thinner band. I know my husband likes his rings to be in the 6 - 8mm size range.

This is exciting, keep us posted, and have a wonderful day.
35.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I talked to hubby''s mom and she thinks he would love a diamond band. The more I think about it, the more I''m not so sure; maybe I should go with a two tone platinum/gold band instead.

I can''t go wider than 6mm. His original band was 4mm and at first he was afraid to try the 6mm one. Now that he''s had it for a while, he said he would go no wider than 6mm, so me thinks 5mm would be a good compromise. I''m going to sleep on it...our anniversary isn''t for a few months anyway.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results