color
clarity

Which Leon Mege ring, please?

Which Leon ring do you prefer?

• the 3 stone ring with side pears

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi all! I need your opinions if you would be so kind. I am planning on setting my 1.81 carat H color round diamond. Which Leon ring do you like better for my stone? I want something sparkly and really eye-catching, but still classy. Note: the halo would be exactly like the photo, except it would be round instead of cushion shaped. Thanks for your opinions! Please share why you chose what you did.
1.gif

If you don't like either one, please feel free to share your own choice.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
3 stone with pear sides:

PSmyringpollLeonpears.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Micropave halo with plain shank:

PSmyringpollLeonhalo.jpg

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
I loved both. I chose the 3 stone because I it spoke to me more! Good luck!
1.gif

Mrs Mitchell

Ideal_Rock
I chose the halo with plain shank because I think it''s one of the most beautiful rings on earth!

jjc

Brilliant_Rock
Both are exquisite, but the 3 stone gives me heart palpitations
30.gif
, so that''s my choice.
Can''t wait to see what you choose!

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila have you seen Lilac''s ring? It has the same size center as you have and it is the same as option 1: https://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/lilac-s-engagement-and-wedding-rings-t120210.html

Seriously, I adore the look of pears with a nice big center diamond like you and lilac have. The finger presence is awesome.

BUT you have been wanting a halo forever... and it will make the diamond seem larger.

Still, I love one because it is more classic in my mind and your diamond is a great size and will shine. Plus it is a Finger-O-Bling look which I adore.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I chose both because they are both stunning! Sorry that I couldn''t help. Which is setting is more "you."

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 5:29:52 PM
Author: dreamer_d
Laila have you seen Lilac''s ring? It has the same size center as you have and it is the same as option 1: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/lilac-s-engagement-and-wedding-rings-t120210.html

Seriously, I adore the look of pears with a nice big center diamond like you and lilac have. The finger presence is awesome.

BUT you have been wanting a halo forever... and it will make the diamond seem larger.

Still, I love one because it is more classic in my mind and your diamond is a great size and will shine. Plus it is a Finger-O-Bling look which I adore.
Sorry for the threadjack...dreamer, have you chosen your diamond? Could you link me to your thread. Thx
1.gif
[/end threadjack]

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The 3 stone is delicious!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 5:32:19 PM
Author: risingsun

Laila have you seen Lilac''s ring? It has the same size center as you have and it is the same as option 1: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/lilac-s-engagement-and-wedding-rings-t120210.html

Sorry for the threadjack...dreamer, have you chosen your diamond? Could you link me to your thread. Thx
1.gif
[/end threadjack]
Nope
4.gif
Still pondering. I am letting it sit and waiting to see what pops up in the BGD inventory in my budget.

Back to you Laila!
35.gif

waxing lyrical

Shiny_Rock
3 stone hands down!

CasaBlanca

Shiny_Rock
I love a Leon Three Stone when it is an option. When he marries the pears with the round...it is unquestionably LM perfection. I always return to Kristy Darlings...and swoon. He pinched that shank at the point of the pear and it is a masterpiece. Just one little tweak and pitter patter.

Hey, take a peek at Kaleigh''s 3 stone Tiffany displayed in her Avatar when you are in doubt on which to choose. Look how classic that is! It is so classic she has remained with that Avatar for years! Never outdated!

Now that doesn''t mean I don''t puffy heart his halo''s...had you asked about halo choices I would be just as supportive there.

But since you gave us a choice and also mentioned CLASSIC...I voted Leon Pear Salad! Yum Yum Yummo!
18.gif

Besides you get alot of real estate coverage with a three stoner!

E B

Ideal_Rock
The three-stone, absolutely.
30.gif

wsblue430

Brilliant_Rock
Pave halo, plain shank! So beautiful!
12.gif
30.gif

mol42

Shiny_Rock
Hi! I''m new to PS. Though I''ve been lurking and oogling everyone''s eye candy on PS for months, I finally decided to register so that I could chime in on your question. I love love LOVE the 3 stone!

Course I''m biased since that''s what I''m getting
31.gif

ElizabethRose

Rough_Rock
Well...I have my 1 ct (heirloom) RB set in the first Leon setting, but the halo is gorgeous!

I love love love my three stone, and I get compliments all the time that it is very sparkly, delicate, and nicely low-set (as almost all Leons are). And people love the uniquely shaped side stones, and I get asked about them often.

However, in a very low-set three stone, no one ever mistakes my stone for larger than it is. Friends of mine have similar sized stones to mine, set in higher settings and some with halos, and from a few feet away they all look larger than mine. However, this ring is very comfortable, and someday if I upgrade, it will be a perfect everyday RHR--and I clean it everyday in my ultrasonic without fear of pave stones falling out. So its perfect for me.

You have a fabulously sized stone, but if you suspect DSS might ever be in your future, I would pick the halo.

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Three stone! Better finger coverage and more flexible on wedding bands!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
I picked the three stone and here''s why: I like halo''d rings but they''re getting really popular. If they should ever fall out of fashion, you might get rid of it and then you''re diamond would probably seem a lot smaller to you. Unless you''re thinking about upgrading the diamond to a larger stone if you ditch the halo at a later date, I''d go with the three stone. I think it''s terribly classy. Love it.

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
I adore that halo

MrsBettyBoop

Brilliant_Rock
They are just so different! I voted for the halo because that design inspired my reset. I''m not a big fan of 3 stone rings but I do really like that one. I think halos are AWESOME and I really really wanted one but I know this isn''t my forever diamond/setting. Is this your forever, or forever in the foreseeable future ring?

LRISR

Rough_Rock
I''m not usually a fan of 3 stone rings but that''s what I voted for. It''s GORGEOUS!!!

Amethyste

Ideal_Rock
Hello There :)

I voted for the 3 stone with pear sides... What can I say, I am a pear girl!! Stunning!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/1/2010 5:19:01 PM
Author: Mrs Mitchell
I chose the halo with plain shank because I think it''s one of the most beautiful rings on earth!

+1

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
both are masterpieces (of course!) but I really prefer the three stone

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Everyone, THANK YOU so much!! It looks like quite a few prefer the 3 stone. I am still torn. The halo will really help with DSS. I am never upgrading or resetting again, so it's tough trying to get it right the first time!
41.gif

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila have you seen Lilac's ring? It has the same size center as you have and it is the same as option 1: http://www.pricescope.com/forum/op-requested/lilac-s-engagement-and-wedding-rings-t120210.html

Yep dreamer, I absolutely ADORE Lilac's e-ring! That was the inspiration behind me wanting the 3 stone with pears (though she has a much smaller finger size than me, not fair!).
9.gif
Also Kaleigh's ring too.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Laila, both are beautiful choices. Everything Leon does is so beautiful. I think the problem with upgrades is not what vendor or size stone, but which Leon to pick! At least for me. I am with you, when I get a new
setting I want it to be my last one. So I am still going back and forth often. But what I always come back to is what makes your heart sing when you first see it? Which was the first one you were drawn too?
Sometimes, I find myself changing my mind because the price is less or maybe it seems more classic, but when I ask myself if I would be sorry in the long run that I didn''t pick the one that first made my heart
sing, the answer it maybe.

Go for the one that first made your heart sing, that you kept going back to over and over. Don''t settle for whatever reason.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Laila Have you gone to Tiffany to try on the three stone? I actually find that three stone rings give so uch finger presence they make the whole ring lok and feel bigger so they also help with DSS
27.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I''m a halo lover (have a halo myself, not Leon''s though
9.gif
), but I love love love the round and pear combo 3 stone. My absolute favorite!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results