shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Lab is the best for Gemstones like sapphires and rubies?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
I have been researching a lot on sapphires and rubies? I can''t figure out which lab is the most trustworthy. GIA is doing it too but just ID and authentication whether enhanced or not.
Hoping for immediate response since I want to purchase a sapphire or ruby for investment.
Thanks in advance.

Richard Sherwood

Ideal_Rock
I would highly recommend the AGTA (American Gem Trade Association) laboratory out of Manhattan.

One of the world''s most foremost ruby & sapphire experts is one of their directors, Richard Hughes.

diamond. md

Rough_Rock
Thanks Richard.
I am planning to buy a fancy natural vivid yellow 2.01 ct asscher cut for $29k, VVS1, GIA cert. from a vendor in Israel named Alon Avinoam Diamond LTD. Have you heard of them? I believe the price is very reasonable if it the stone performs.It is my first time to purchase from them. I usually use the vendors in NY city. I was thinking if I have them send the stone to you to inspect for a fee and if okay I will go ahead with it.
Do you do appraisals and how do I send them the pieces and how much?
Thanks so much in advance.
Ramon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results