shape
carat
color
clarity

Which jewellery items do you take when travelling?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Insured or uninsured.
2.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends on where I''m going (how safe an area), what we''ll be doing and for how long really.

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Harriet if I am traveling to a place such as a hotel or cruise ship where I will have a room safe I always take my diamond stud earrings, my three stone ring, a right hand ring, a diamond pendant, a diamond bracelet, and my Rolex. I wear everything on the plane. After we get to the destination I will leave some of the jewerly in the safe when we are out running around during the day. We self insure all of my jewelry these days. I know many people leave their jewelry at home when they travel, but I want to be able to wear my stuff and I''ve never had any problems.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I''ll take my rolling ring (it''s my pet), studs (to show my parents what they gave me), and watch (for obvious reasons). My e-ring, which is too loose anyway, will have to stay home.

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
please leave it in the bank lock box. there are countless people who read this forum and may be able to pinpont where you live from past posts. take it to the bank and avoid a problem. it is not my place to tell you what to do just some friendly advice. have fun!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
crown1,
You know I always appreciate your words of wisdom.
1.gif

ETA:
If it's insured, I can take it along, right? I'd love to show it to my parents.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
when are you insuring it? I would go today because it takes a couple of days to write up a policy or at least it did for me.

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:49:15 AM
Author: Harriet
crown1,
1.gif

ETA:
If it's insured, I can take it along, right? I'd love to show it to my parents.
and its not just about it's safety but YOURS as well.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:57:45 AM
Author: jcrow

Date: 7/18/2007 10:49:15 AM
crown1,
1.gif

ETA:
If it''s insured, I can take it along, right? I''d love to show it to my parents.
and its not just about it''s safety but YOURS as well.

I agree w/Jcrow and Crown.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:54:34 AM
Author: Skippy123
when are you insuring it? I would go today because it takes a couple of days to write up a policy or at least it did for me.
Chubby will take a day.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 10:57:45 AM
Author: jcrow
and its not just about it''s safety but YOURS as well.
I completely agree with you.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:04:15 AM

Date: 7/18/2007 10:54:34 AM
Chubby will take a day.
oh good

crown1

Brilliant_Rock
your friends are looking out for you. make an informed decision and do what seems reasonable. you know more about the places you will be visiting and what your personal comfort level is. if i felt any danger to myself or the ring i would takes pictures of it for my parents. only you know best on this.

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Depends on the trip. I might bring a nice watch, a pair of diamond studs, my two rings and a wearable bracelet and keep my Hello Kitty or some kind of necklace on. If we are going dressy I bring things to match what I am wearing, and if we are going to the beach I bring my Chanel ceramic watch.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I''m going on a cruise, I take practically everything, and I keep it in the purser''s safe - not the safe in my cabin. If I''m going to a big city or a place like Disney World, I take a watch and one pair of earrings but no rings.

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:16:59 AM
Author: Madam Bijoux
If I''m going on a cruise, I take practically everything, and I keep it in the purser''s safe - not the safe in my cabin. If I''m going to a big city or a place like Disney World, I take a watch and one pair of earrings but no rings.
Yeah, I don''t really trust putting my stuff in those....

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:12:18 AM
Author: crown1
your friends are looking out for you. make an informed decision and do what seems reasonable. you know more about the places you will be visiting and what your personal comfort level is. if i felt any danger to myself or the ring i would takes pictures of it for my parents. only you know best on this.
I agree. Thank you for looking out for me.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:15:18 AM
Author: diamondfan
Depends on the trip. I might bring a nice watch, a pair of diamond studs, my two rings and a wearable bracelet and keep my Hello Kitty or some kind of necklace on. If we are going dressy I bring things to match what I am wearing, and if we are going to the beach I bring my Chanel ceramic watch.
DF, would that I had so much to choose from.
9.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t know there was such an option. Thanks!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you do on your last trips???? Did you wear your ering?
I usually just wear my wedding band and leave my ering behind.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Taken it along. But I haven't left the country since getting it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
What did you do before w/your other ering???

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:24:01 AM

I didn''t know there was such an option. Thanks!
Hotels (not positive about ALL, but probably any you would stay in) have them too Harriet.
2.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well, Harriet, I have been married a LONG time, and have been treating myself and getting gifts from my family for a long time. For the most part, they know to get me jewelry jewelry and more jewelry. I buy lots of make up and purses, shoes and clothes, so I prefer bling for gifts. I also learned to spoil myself, so if I see things I really want I just treat myself. Life is short and I have an extremely generous hubby, but sometimes a little something is warranted!

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:26:32 AM
What did you do before w/your other ering???
Just took it along. Remember that it was much smaller.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:29:01 AM
Author: Ellen
Hotels (not positive about ALL, but probably any you would stay in) have them too Harriet.
2.gif
Thanks, Ellen.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:30:28 AM
Well, Harriet, I have been married a LONG time, and have been treating myself and getting gifts from my family for a long time. For the most part, they know to get me jewelry jewelry and more jewelry. I buy lots of make up and purses, shoes and clothes, so I prefer bling for gifts. I also learned to spoil myself, so if I see things I really want I just treat myself. Life is short and I have an extremely generous hubby, but sometimes a little something is warranted!
Yes, especially after raising 3 boys!
9.gif

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:33:27 AM

9.gif
I concur!!
11.gif

Now, someone tell MY hubby that.....
9.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/18/2007 11:33:27 AM

9.gif

My boys are actually amazingly easy considering, but three is three, and I am always doing for someone else and running here and there and everywhere, trying to be there for all of them. This is my job, and I love it, but I know I need things for me. I am also training my sons to be good husbands, and spoil their wives! I will be a good mother in law to have!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d go one step further and drop it off with Leon and have the setting made while you''re away.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results