shape
carat
color
clarity

which is a better deal/stone?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

mymulan

Rough_Rock
Hi all,

Once again, I''m here with the diamond experts!!! I''d like to know which of these 2 GIA diamonds is a better stone and better deal. I''ve seen them both and I have to say that both are beautiful stones.

Please let me know what you think.

a.) Round Brilliant 2.50 I VS1
Measurements = 8.75 - 8.79 x 5.31mm
Depth = 60.5%
Table = 60%
Girdle = Thin to Slightly Thick
Culet = none
Polish = Good
Symmetry = Good
Flourescence = None
PRICE = $20,000

b.) Round Brilliand 2.01 D SI1
Measurements = 8.18 - 8.24 x4.83mm
Depth = 58.8%
Table = 50%
Girdle = Slightly thick to thick
Culet = none
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Flourescence = Faint
PRICE = $20,000

Note: I didn''t compare both stones side by side but saw them in the same hour. Both sparkles a lot. Choice B is eye clean but I could definitely see the inclusions under the loupe. Choice A looks very white and I definitely could not see any inclusions.

Which one? Are both good deals?

thanks again!!

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
Mymulan,

Compared to options generally available and posted, the pricing for both is consistent and attractive as compared to comparables, being on the lower side of the spread ranging from $19 - 23K for diamonds sharing similar qualities.

To say more, would be like asking you which of my two sisters you like better (nevermind I''m an only child). It''s not that you don''t know them and so therefore can''t comment...because we might know you''re a "leg man"....but in this examples, you haven''t learned anything about my sister''s legs.

Since the focus on this site is on a diamond''s cut, suggest you read the tutorial here, and perhaps even this.

Best,

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/8/2005 10:12:48 PM
Author:mymulan
Hi all,

Once again, I'm here with the diamond experts!!! I'd like to know which of these 2 GIA diamonds is a better stone and better deal. I've seen them both and I have to say that both are beautiful stones.

Please let me know what you think.

a.) Round Brilliant 2.50 I VS1
Measurements = 8.75 - 8.79 x 5.31mm
Depth = 60.5%
Table = 60%
Girdle = Thin to Slightly Thick
Culet = none
Polish = Good
Symmetry = Good
Flourescence = None
PRICE = $20,000

b.) Round Brilliand 2.01 D SI1
Measurements = 8.18 - 8.24 x4.83mm
Depth = 58.8%
Table = 50%
Girdle = Slightly thick to thick
Culet = none
Polish = Excellent
Symmetry = Excellent
Flourescence = Faint
PRICE = $20,000

Note: I didn't compare both stones side by side but saw them in the same hour. Both sparkles a lot. Choice B is eye clean but I could definitely see the inclusions under the loupe. Choice A looks very white and I definitely could not see any inclusions.

Which one? Are both good deals?

thanks again!!
ask the vendor for a sarin report.you should always try to get the cut quality information before asking for comments here.
1.gif
stone #2.... table =50%
33.gif

mymulan

Rough_Rock
sorry, typo. Table% on stone #2 is 59%

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between D/SI and I/VS I would vote for D/SI in principle.

Beyond this, cut would make the final difference. I don't care about inclusions I cannot see
20.gif

It would take more detail to be able to imagine what you saw (the brilliance of these two guys). Just for the sake of comparison, there are two D/E SI1 stones among the current "Pricescope Ideals", either baout 22k that comes with known cut pedigree. This is the 2 carat E-SI1. The D is pretty cool - 2.3 cts and aparently perfectly clean, ...blue fluorescence &All. The ones you saw might be just as nicely cut - the information is not detailed enough to judge that.

If the two fellows here sound tempting, you could compare Ideal Scope notes with the two pieces shown locally. It can't hurt to know if better can be had before making a payment.

Just my 0.2, as usual
34.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
In general I like D/SI1 also, but in this case it is significantly smaller, so the I/VS1 might tempt me. However I wouldn''t spend $20k without doing more homework on the cut and looking at them both through an idealscope. (A $29 purchase if your jeweler doesn''t have one.)

heart prongs

Shiny_Rock
Are you only considering these two stones? I bet you could find a better balance if you kept looking...Perhaps look in the 2.25 G/H VS2 range. There are certainly great SI2''s and I''s out there as well, but w/ your budget, you could probably find better. I think these two stones are just at opposite ends of the spectrum for color and clarity...and like the others said...look mostly at the cut...klr

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results