shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Iinsurance Company?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
Hi All,

I''m looking for a policy to cover my newly purchased engagement ring. I called Chubb and they require you have home and auto with them in order to write the policy. Can you all let me know which insurance company provides an all-loss coverage with cash-settlement value based on the appraisal value of the ring.
Thanks in advance

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Chubb does have a stand alone policy, apprently though it depends on which agent you talk to. Check out this thread a highly recommended Chubb agents info is in the thread. He''s the one you should talk to.

Jeweler''s Mutual is also recommended often on this site.

gemmy1

Rough_Rock
Jewelers Mutual Insurance Company

www.jewelersmutual.com or call toll free 1-888-884-2424

GREAT company to deal with.

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
I called David Stone but he no longer does that. I also called Jewelers Mutual but they only do replacement. Is there a recommended list of companies?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have renter''s or homeowner''s? I schedule my jewelry as a rider on my home owners policy. Some offer cash out policy''s. Mine offers to replace with like kind. I just include a detailed appraisal making it pretty much impossible for them to replace and they cashed me out when my stone was damaged last year.

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
what do you mean by "detailed". I got my appraisal at an indepedent appraiser. I got a folder with pictures and basically the appraiser''s opinion as to the value

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 12:54:56 PM
Author: tinman1412
what do you mean by ''detailed''. I got my appraisal at an indepedent appraiser. I got a folder with pictures and basically the appraiser''s opinion as to the value

that''s what I mean. There should be all the details of your stone, measurements, idealscope images etc. That makes it hard for them to just replace with another stone that just has the 4 c''s listed.

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
I guess I don''t understand why companies like Jewelers Mutual only does replacement if they have people with detailed appraisal. I''m sure all of us who buys an engagment ring has a similar appraisal which doesn''t make sense to me. I would like to hear from someone that have made a claim and the insurance told them that it couldn''t be replaced and had to give them a check for the appriased value

Gonzodogg

Shiny_Rock
I would call a few more Chubb agents until you find one that does the engagement ring/valuble articles policy. I use Chubb and they are great.

just my .02

jetmal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
hi,

I just purchased a new ring too, and I called my home/auto insurance company, and Jewelers Mutual, and Will Castro at Chubb.
here are the prices:

home/auto incurance co.: $274.00 per yr, with replacement with like kind
Chubb- $270.00 per yr- cash out, no questions asked
Jewlers Mutual- $362.00 per yr, replacement with like kind

So, it looks like it will be Chubb. Castro will do a stand alone policy, as well as some other agents I beleive.

good luck

Small

Brilliant_Rock
I looked into Chubb with Bill Castro but I''m still waiting. I sent all of my info over and called a few times. He told me congrats and that I was insured but I don''t have any final figures, a policy, or anything yet. I have my original e-ring with state farm but I was planning to move that to Chubb at the end of the year. I have a stand alone policy but they do not do cash out and it''s just like kind. I was also going to look into Jewelers Mutual. I''ll have to see. I plan to call Bill and send him an email one last time. It''s been 1 week since I contacted him last and a month overall. Some people have said they have been insured by the end of the day and others have said he didn''t give them a call back. I found him very quick to call the first time but he also told me he''s been getting LOTS of requests for stand alone policies so he''s been busy.
Good luck!

tinman1412

Rough_Rock
I just found an agent that will do the stand alone policy via Chubb. I asked her if there''s a cash-out option like you have and she says it''s basically a scheduled policy. How do I know for sure, b/c I do not want a replacement policy if there is a loss. Is there a contact # for Will Castro at Chubb. I need to verify this.

Thanks

Small

Brilliant_Rock
He''s with totaldollar.com so if you type that in and then search for employess you should find his direct line. That''s how I get a hold of him anyway! Good luck!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/4/2006 1:06:31 PM
Author: tinman1412
I guess I don''t understand why companies like Jewelers Mutual only does replacement if they have people with detailed appraisal. I''m sure all of us who buys an engagment ring has a similar appraisal which doesn''t make sense to me. I would like to hear from someone that have made a claim and the insurance told them that it couldn''t be replaced and had to give them a check for the appriased value

this happened to me last year. I had my ring was appraised for 8K. that is what I "overpaid" on insurance premiums for 5 years. When my stone was damaged they could not replace with like kind b/c it was a rare Old European cut and they couldn''t find one even close, so they offered to cash me out. I got a check for the cost it would cost them to replace which was only 5K. Next time, i''ll only insure what it would cost to replace and save the $ on the premiums. but AllState was great and i had my check in about 1 weeks time. The insurance Company will not give you a check for the appraised value, only what it would cost them to replace it. that''s why a cash out policy is worth the little bit extra for those who have them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results