shape
carat
color
clarity

Which fancy shape for a pendant?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
I was thinking of getting a fancy shaped pendant since everything I have now is round (3 stone ring all rounds, round eterity band, round 5 stone ring).

My 2 favorite fancy shapes are either pears or princesses; although I am open to other shapes, I think either of these would work well as a pendant.

I am looking for a solitaire pendant; something in the 1/2ct range. I haven''t looked at any stones yet, just trying to get opinions on what you think. My local jeweler does not have a ready-made pendant for me to try so I may be getting it sight unseen.

Thanks for the help. Here''s a pic of the pear pendant from the James Allen web site:

pear_pendant.gif

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the princess. I don''t think I would get a bezel around it, but I like how it is set on one of the corners.

princess_pendant.gif

Dee Jay

Shiny_Rock
I''ve always been a pear fan--I think it''s such an elegant shape. I just traded in my original engagement ring pear stone on my upgrade and now I wish I had had it set as a pendant!

DIAMOND*QUEST

Shiny_Rock
Hey Pebbs- I am quickly becoming a fan of cushions and I haven''t seen too many in pendants.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
i vote for the pear...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Another vote here for the pear!!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
not to confuse you more but here''s islandreams tillion..

TrillionDSCN0839Small1.jpg

icekid

Ideal_Rock
I love pears for pendants! Not such a big fan of the princess, personally.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Between pear and princess... the pear would be both larger and less expensive per carat. If you like both - that might make some difference.

Trillion? That would surely be interesting! Such pendant exist, but not too many. It may take a bit of search to find a brilliant one, but then you will surely get quite a few admirers puzzled: with all the tiny, glassy triangular diamonds around it is often forgotten how nice these can look.
2.gif

My 2c.

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...a cushion is a shaped I have not considered. I have never seen one in person. That might make a neat pendant. I don''t know of anyone that has one of those!

Not too crazy about the trillion. Maybe I just haven''t seen a good one either.
2.gif

This is for an "everyday" pendant to alternate with my round solitaire. I think so far I am leaning toward the pear - more bang for the buck although the cushion is rather intriguing...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree the pear will give you a bigger look and bang for you buck. the cushions are gorgeous but do look small for their weights...

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plus I would think a cushion would be more expensive than a pear??

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love the thought of a teardrop pear pendant!!!

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/6/2006 2:43:21 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I agree the pear will give you a bigger look and bang for you buck. the cushions are gorgeous but do look small for their weights...
Well I don''t really want anything that will look small for its weight!
2.gif

I think I will get the pear. My goal is the end of February to do this so I have some time.

What do you think about a setting - the simple basket setting like the James Allen one I posted above (but with smaller rabbit ears if possible) or a bezel? Those are the only two choices I can think of.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I am so glad you have decided on a pear. They are so flattering on the neckline. I HATE rabbit ears with a passion. I love when the chain goes behind the setting and it looks like the stone is floating. Bezels really do made the stone look bigger so I would so that or a basket setting.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/6/2006 4:09:52 PM
Author: pebbles

What do you think about a setting - the simple basket setting like the James Allen one I posted above (but with smaller rabbit ears if possible) or a bezel?

Basket w/o ears ?

My top of the list would be a DBY-style bezel, wishing that the stone''s back remains exposed and the whole would get the look of a real frozen drop of water.
30.gif

pearcrazy

Brilliant_Rock
I''m partial to pears in case you couldn''t tell!
emotion-5.gif

pearsapphire.JPG

pebbles

Brilliant_Rock
Pearcrazy -- I love your pendant! As I was going through the pendant thread yours is what made me really want a pear!
2.gif
Mine would be a solitaire though.

I love the thought of a frozen drop of water Ana. I haven''t searched the Stuller or Adwer catalogs yet - I hope such a setting already exists - would make my life easier!
2.gif

Jelly

Ideal_Rock
I wouldn''t feel bad about having a dozen round stones, as long as they are all ideal cut and sparkly!!

Your project sounds like fun. Pears look like they are made to be hanging from a neck!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m so glad you decided on a pear. It will be so pretty!!! Now on to the perfect setting for your necklace....

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve been meaning to post here but I was waiting to find the picture of a pear pendant I saw yesterday that was so awesome! But I can''t find it.
39.gif
Clearly I am for the pear pendant!

Anyway, I really like the design of this one...though I would prefer a thinner bezel.

pear bezel.jpg

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I also think this one is positively divine...though you wouldn''t be getting a 30+ carat pear...we''re talking smaller scale.
2.gif
But I love the tiny frame of diamonds around the pear!

divinepear.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
here is bagpuss''
pear
pear%20diamond%200.45ct.jpg

sevens one

Ideal_Rock

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Half carat pear & no rabbit ears.

66217large.jpg

Tiffany&Co from an estate listing (LINK). E/VS $2500... they say it''s half of the listing price (does anyone know?). Similar diamonds are listed here for well under 2k, amazingly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results