shape
carat
color
clarity

Which do you like better?

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Which combination do you think looks better? Be honest please!
First is my 3 stone ring by itself.

L3stonealone.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Rose gold band all by itself.

Lrosegoldalone.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Rose gold WB with 3 stone.

L3stoneandrg.jpg

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Last, 3 stone with platinum band.

L3stoneplat.jpg

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
I think I like the combo of the three stone and the gold band best.
9.gif

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I second the three stone with the rose gold band.

Grlsbestfrnd

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm... I really honestly like both. Switch it up every now and then!

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I like it alone or with the platinum band.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 6:01:41 PM
Author: athenaworth
I second the three stone with the rose gold band.
I agree- I like the proportion better and the contrast with the rose gold band. It makes my heart sing!

gemgirl

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like both combos, and I know that I was of no help to you! but sometimes I wear rose gold with my white gold and sometimes I wear all white metals. It depends on my mood and my clothing for the day.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Another vote for with the rg band
1.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s a really sizeable and lovely ring, so I like it either by itself, or paired with the platinum band.

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
I like it best by itself!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it by better by itself.

legra

Brilliant_Rock
I like it by itself.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 6:09:04 PM
Author: lknvrb4
I like it alone or with the platinum band.

agreed :)

slg47

Ideal_Rock
and I like it with the rose gold band! but really, alone or with the plat band looks good too!

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it with a band vs alone - both bands look good.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you all so much for your comments!

Here''s the backstory. When my original ring fell apart a few years ago, I got a small 2mm platinum band, then shortly after got the 3mm comfort fit rose gold band. I found that I LOVE the rose gold band, for the color and proportion.

Then last christmas time, my husband bought me the anniversary/replacement engagement 3 stone Asscher ring, which I love, but I''l still getting used to the size. I never had anything that big before. So, I find myself wearing the rose gold band most of the time, then adding the 3 stone with it. I was concerned about both rings on my not-so-long fingers and the different colors contrasting.

Even though I haven''t had it that long, I have a sentimental attachment to the rose gold ring. I had my husband''s and my name and wedding date engraved in it. There''s also something elegant and simple about a plain band.

Any other opinions out there?

oranges

Brilliant_Rock
definitely by itself!
1.gif

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
I like the rose gold best followed by the platinum band.

You can always try to get some blingy stackers to see what you think (get cheap "fakes" if you want to try out first) too. You seem to have enough room to have fun with things on your finger.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Hmmm...blingy stackers...now you''ve got me thinking! Where is a good place to find some cheap ones just to try?

I''ll tell you, PS has opened up a new world for me--never knew I liked sparklies so much. It''s a good thing I''ve got nine more fingers!
31.gif

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 7:29:46 PM
Author: LaurenThePartier
It''s a really sizeable and lovely ring, so I like it either by itself, or paired with the platinum band.

Lauren! I just love your bezel ring. I saw the thread about your new eternity band--stunning!!!

I do switch it up fairly often--can''t seem to make up my mind so it''s nice to have options, right?

Interestingly in the winter, my new three stone fits on my right hand, so I''ve worn it there alone a few times, and it looks great. In the summer it fits on my left alone. Damn the heat and swelling fingers!

Luckyeshe

Ideal_Rock
Is the plat band thinner than the rg band? I like the color of the rose gold, but for some reason, it looks a wee bit thicker than the plat and I like the way the plat looks next to your ering. So with that in mind, I would go....ering alone, then plat band with ering, and then rg band with ering. But if the width of the rg band is the same as the plat band, then I''ld put rg band with ering as first on the list! They look great on you either way!

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, the plat band is 2mm standard fit, rose gold is 3mm comfort fit so there is a size difference. For those of you who have multiple beautiful bands or rings, how do you decide??

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like it(3 stone) by itself best!

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 9:04:39 AM
Author: BoulderGal
Hmmm...blingy stackers...now you''ve got me thinking! Where is a good place to find some cheap ones just to try?

I''ll tell you, PS has opened up a new world for me--never knew I liked sparklies so much. It''s a good thing I''ve got nine more fingers!
31.gif
Depends on your ring size. I would just go to Target or someplace llike it and see what they have in their costume jewelry section. I''ve seen some sterling & cz stackers for not to expensive.

If you have a bigger/smaller size I would check out etsy.com It''s where I''ve gotten some custom made for me since my ring size is a bit small.

SparkleNut

Brilliant_Rock
I so love a three stone all by itself. And you have a added plus, asschers are so regal!
9.gif

tigian

Ideal_Rock
I like it with the RG band. I think the slightly more substantial size goes well with your 3-stone. I''d love to see more close ups of your set.

BoulderGal

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, I tried to get some better close ups this morning. Forgive my photography skills! This one is outside.

L3strgcloseroutside.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results