shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond would you choose? Cast your vote now!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

d3kim

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone!
35.gif

I have been searching diligently for the last several months for the "perfect" diamond to use in my engagement ring for my lovely girlfriend. Let it be known that finding Pricescope was the best thing that ever happened during my search as I have learned SO much from everything I have read here and from all the advice I have received thus far on my previous posts. Thanks so much already!!!

36.gif

I think I have narrowed it down to two candidates from two equally reputable online vendors. The service I have received from each vendor has been superb and it pains me to have to pick one over the other. Here is all the information I have for the two diamonds (both are Princess cuts):

Candidate 1 - 1.53ct G SI1 (GIA)

Report Details - Polish: VG, Symmetry: VG, Fluorescence: None, Culet: None
Dimensions - 6.57 x 6.33 x 4.67 mm
L/W Ratio - 1.04
Depth - 73.8%
Table - 64.3%
Crown - 7.9% (0.50 mm)
Crown Angle - 29.3
Pavilion - 62.4% (3.95 mm)
Pavilion Angle - 42
Girdle - Medium 3.1% (2.6 - 3.6)

Candidate 2 - 1.34ct G VS2 (AGS)

Report Details - Cut Grade: AGS Ideal, Light Performance: 0, Proportion Factors: 0, Polish: Ideal, Symmetry: Ideal, Fluorescence: Negligable
Dimensions - 6.14 x 6.05 x 4.39 mm
L/W Ratio - 1.01
Depth - 72.6%
Table - 65.9%
Crown - 10.9% (0.66 mm)
Crown Angle - 36.6
Pavilion - 59.7% (3.61 mm)
Pavilion Angle - 39.7
Girdle - Thin 2.4% (1.9 - 2.9)

ImageScope/LightScope

Candidate 1
is.jpg
Candidate 2
ltsc.jpg

Magnified Photo
Candidate 1
40mag.jpg
Candidate 2
pic1.jpg

Both stones are eye-clean from a clarity perspective, both are comparable in price (~$8700), and once again, both vendors are equally reputable IMO. Based on all the information available to me, I have made some conclusions and am leaning one way. But I would LOVE to hear the thoughts and opinions of the PS community in order to both validate some of the things I am thinking and, more importantly, learn some things I may not have taken into account yet since I am by no means anything more than a novice when it comes to diamonds.

So which diamond would you choose and why ???

Thank you in advance for your help!
- Dan

26.gif

Rod

Ideal_Rock
Premium
d3......sorry, I''m not an expert and while I did a lot of research as a consumer for my round brilliant, I don''t know enough about princess cuts to offer any credible advice. A couple of comments though. One, the only picture that comes through is diamond 2. Both stones, from a non-experts view seem quite nice. From the comments I''ve seen, everyone who has worked with Good Old Gold has been really happy. You don''t say who represents the first stone.

Anyway, I hope some experts chime in for you. But I''m betting you can feel pretty confident with the folks at GOG.

Good luck and congratulations on becoming a better educated diamond shopper. It''s amazing how much there is to learn, isn''t it? One would think you look, it sparkles and then you buy. It''s like a whole universe and thank goodness there''s this Pricescope community to help us out.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results