shape
carat
color
clarity

Which diamond do you suggest???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diabuyie

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I would like to hear your opinion on the following loose diamonds. Which one that you suggest as the best one to buy.

a) b) c)
Carat 1.7 1.6 1.43
Color E E F
Clarity IF VVS1 IF
Cut Round Round Round
Dept 62% 62.1 61.2
Table 57% 55 56
Girdle STK-TK Medium Medium
Florescence None None None
Culet None None None
Polish Ex Ex Ex
Symmetry Ex Ex Ex
Measurement 7.57*7.60*4.70 7.48*7.52*4.66 7.27*7.30*4.46
Certificate GIA-H&A GIA-H&A GIA
Total amount $23,134 $20,866 $16,156

Thanks alot.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diabuyie

these looks like gia cert stone,ask the vendor for sarin reports. why the IF-VVS1 clarity ?

Diabuyie

Rough_Rock
Thanks.

What is a sarin report?

Should the clarity has to do with the dullnest of the stone? I'd prefer a perfect rather than a large.

Yes, these are GIA or AGS certified stones.

windowshopper

Ideal_Rock
number 3--better depth, more in round than #2, and medium girdle compared to number (also more in round than 2)

reena

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/16/2004 8:44:59 AM
Author: Diabuyie

Should the clarity has to do with the dullnest of the stone? I''d prefer a perfect rather than a large.
no, the clarity has nothing to do with the relative brilliance or dullness of the stone.

Diabuyie

Rough_Rock
reena,

So what does the clarity do to the stone? high vs. low clarity?

reena

Ideal_Rock
the clarity grade is based on the number of inclusions present in the stone. if you''re concerned about the stone''s visual appearance--brilliance, proportions, etc--then what you need to focus on is CUT. i suggest that you read through the tutorial on this website (under "knowledge" above) to learn more.

cushioncut

Shiny_Rock
Unless you get into the lower clarities (like lower than SI2), I really think clarity has little or no affect on the look of the stone. Especially with VVS1 & 2 stones -- all that will mean is that you will be paying to have a stone with inclusions you probably won't be able to see even under a 30X microscope...

Most people don't want to spend their money on something they will never see. You could very easily get a VS1 or VS2 stone which would look the same as an IF - but you'd save a boatload of money.

Or, you could get a larger stone with the extra money!
31.gif

Any idea how your gf feels about size vs. clarity? Most women I know would rather have a nice big VS1/VS2 2 ct round stone than an IF 1.4...

Just a thought.

If you would like a flawless stone however, stick with IF - so you have the peace of mind knowing it's really flawless and you have the bragging rights... I would go with choice C. The size difference is not big enough to justify 7K more for choice A.

Good luck!

fortheloveofdiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
I agree with Cushion Cut, if you are set on getting no less than VVS1 clarity. I''d go for choice ''C'', with the information that you have provided.

A sarin report is a report that can be generated so you can get the other proportions of a diamond to determine what the cut of the diamond is. Diamond''s are not all created equal and as much as some try to tell you that the only important C''s are clarity, carat, and color......cut is by far the most important if you want a blinding diamond. The GIA report just doesn''t present enough info. to make an informed decision. This is where the Sarin or OGI report comes in; to evaluate the cut.

I am a girl, and I have an H VS2. Just like a VVS1 or an IF, I can''t see any inclusions with my eye. I can see them under 20X magnification, but I don''t carry a microscope around with me, so to me it is irrelevant. Plus, I like that the diamond has inclusions, because they are sort of like a birthmark that can help me identify my diamond.

I''d pick a 2carat H VS2 any day over a 1.5 E IF.... but that''s me!

Diabuyie

Rough_Rock
Thanks all for your inputs. They are very valuable inputs for me on making my decision. This is the first time that I really pick and choose a diamond for me. I am working with Buy Diamond Direct in getting the stone and wonder if these prices are reasonable.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Diabuyie,
i just noticed these are GIA certs. A and B is H & A stones? and C is not? you should ask the vendor for a sarin report and pictures of the H & A,ideal scope pictures- that would help to determine the cut quality of these stones. stone C wil save you some premium, because it''s just under the 1.5 ct category. my personal preference is a G VS1 stone(the highest grade that i will go),you won''t be able to tell the difference from a F IF stone . i still say a nice H VS2 is the best value.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
http://www.goodoldgold.com/1_68ct_f_if_h%26a.htm

diabuyie,
here''s a stone from GOG. it scores a triple very high on the B-scope and 9.4 on the Isee2 machine. so give jonathan a call. and talk to him about the stone. i purchased a 3 ct h si1 from him about 6 months ago. and it''s a beautiful preforming stone.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok, what shows that these are Harts and Arrows ?

All three are nice E-VVS1 sounds better than either of the other two.... but then, if "IF" is of interest the smaller one is more appealing to me 'cause of the medium girdle. Who needs "thick" on a round - just waste and it may show unpleasantly once the stone is set. The size difference (a third of a milimeter, darn!) is not much to talk about, IMO.

Anywya, if these are H&A, than the precission of the pattern would be the ultimate judge between these, I would think.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results