shape
carat
color
clarity

which diamond do you like better? and why?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo... help me understand:
Why do you like one versus the other?

1. 1.23 carat E color I1 GIA $4,344 depth 61.9% table 55% VG VG flour: Medium diameter 6.84x6.89x4.25 (Internet vendor)
2. 1.25~carat E color I1 GIA $6,100 depth 61.2% table 57.2% VG VG flour: none diameter 6.95 - 7.02
(B&M vendor)

The price difference isn''t as huge as it appears beacuse the trade-in allowance on my current stone is quite different with each vendor.
The net cash out of my pocket is roughly the same.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
A) Need more info.

B) Neither. Unless you meant to type SI1, and not I1. I would never buy something that wasn''t eyeclean or very close to it. If I really really had to have a stone a certain size and color, I''d buy somthing smaller from someone with an excellent trade up policy.

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just wondering how you can have the option of trading with a B&M AND an internet vendor?

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Yes- Virginia, you are right!

James Allen has their policy right on their website.
I am already working with Jim.

The B&M is where I originally bought the stone.

(ooohhhh yeah, MY HUSBAND bought the stone!!! Sometimes I forget HE gave ME an engagement ring! ha ha. We have a pretty clear line of communication. He buys me gift jewelry for special occasions and he makes those decisions entirely on his own. It''s always something new i would have never picked for myself. I wear them a lot and he has expanded my sense of style.
BUT - on the e-ring & wedding ring? that''s my domain! He even took me to Tiffany''s over the weekend so I could look at their settings and study the Tiffany mystique. I was too intimidated to go alone)

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
OK, here is more info:

1. 1.23 carat E color I1 GIA $4,344 depth 61.9% table 55% VG VG flour: Medium diameter 6.84x6.89x4.25 (Internet vendor)

Crown Angle 33
Crown Height 14.5%
Pavilion angle 41
Pavilion Depth 43%

Star Length 55%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Med to slightly thick, faceted
cULET none

finish vg
polish vg

FLOURESCENCE - MEDIUM BLUE

Per Josh''s phone call with supplier, the inclusions appear mostly beneath the facets, there are feathers, wisps
It has "an eyeclean appearance" (of course, you CAN see the inclusions, but they are not black or under the table).

2. 1.33~carat E color I1 GIA $6,100 depth 61.2% table 57.2% VG VG flour: none diameter 6.95 - 7.02
(B&M vendor)

crown angle 34.8
crown height 14.7 %
pavil angle 41.0
pavil depth 43.1%
culet .7
girdle 1.0 - 1.4

no flourescence

This stone is verry white and sparkly. The inclusion is a knot and it is under the facets so it takes a good long while to find it. It is rather dark, but small.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
hmmmm tough call. i think i like the B&M stone better from what you posted. i don't really like the shallower crown angle on the first stone, both pavs are 41 which is right out of my ideal range but it's still good for many people. though i do like the table and depth better on the first stone, the 2nd to me just seems like it'd be a better option, ESP when you talk about eye-clean, i like the idea of it being very hard to find the inclusions vs having an 'eyeclean appearance' where you may see more than you expect.

but in reality i'd prefer something with the table and depth of the first one but with a crown angle closer to 34 AND eye-clean...not just eye-clean appearance. any other options??

oh also view the B&M stone in various lighting situations, see if it has fire or if it's too white brilliant. with that larger table it may be. HCA only gives it a 2.1.

dbgaap

Brilliant_Rock
Josh says the inclusion is a white feather on the edge of the table, extending to the crown.

There was another I1:
1.13 E GIA Ideal. Inclusions are white feathers on edge. Supplier sent it back to be re-graded; he thinks it S/B SI2.
If that comes back from re-grading in a reasonable period of time, I will look at that too.

In the meantime, I am looking at a few more stones, slightly smaller, F color and SI2. (I mean I am having josh call on them)

We''ll see!

Yes, I live in Md. so I can take a half day off and drive to Frederick to see the stones.

Virginia, how many did you look at until you found "the one"?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results