shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Band Would You Pair With My E-ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s about that time--FI and I are starting to look at wedding bands and I can''t decide what I want. I''m pretty sure I want a platinum shared prong RB eternity band to match my e-ring, but I''m not absolutely set on that.

If I go for the eternity band, what size RBs should I get? Our jeweler has a GORGEOUS eternity band with 10 pointers, but would that be too much? (But can it ever really be too much?
9.gif
) The RBs in my e-ring are a bit larger than 4 pointers.

I just realized I don''t have any good handshots of my ring, I''ll get on that tonight! Bad PSer.

What would you do? Eternity band? Plain platinum band?

Thread with a gazillion pictures of my ring:
My E-Ring

CloseupInBoxPS2Haven.jpg

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2007 11:22:18 AM
Author:Haven
It''s about that time--FI and I are starting to look at wedding bands and I can''t decide what I want. I''m pretty sure I want a platinum shared prong RB eternity band to match my e-ring, but I''m not absolutely set on that.

If I go for the eternity band, what size RBs should I get? Our jeweler has a GORGEOUS eternity band with 10 pointers, but would that be too much? (But can it ever really be too much?
9.gif
) The RBs in my e-ring are a bit larger than 4 pointers.

I just realized I don''t have any good handshots of my ring, I''ll get on that tonight! Bad PSer.

What would you do? Eternity band? Plain platinum band?

Thread with a gazillion pictures of my ring:
My E-Ring
I love seeing pics of your ring!!

Umm...I would DEFINITELY go with a matching eternity band with that beauty!! I''m not sure about the size of the stones (probably have to see pics of the bigger band), but I think eternity is the way to go!!

The big one would be nice because if you ever wore it alone, it would look awesome. I''d have to see it as a set though!!

Beautiful ring - almost anything would highlight it beautifully!

Steel

Ideal_Rock
Haven, if your budget allows I would buy the big eternity band you have your beady little eye on.

BUT, also buy and use in the ceremony a plain plat or WG band, so that you can wear your true wedding band if you are doing hard work (gardening etc) or if you go on hols and can''t bring the big bling.

I really wish I had done this.

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The larger eternity band sounds nice. Would it be set the same way as the band on your e-ring?

BriBee

Brilliant_Rock
I just have to say that I love your ring! It helped to inspire my cushion hunt! Is there any way for you to get pics of the band your considering on your hand with the e-ring?

my-ashoka

Rough_Rock
Beautiful ring!!!!! I agree...I would get both if you can. I know sometimes the big rocks are a little impracticle but you still want to look married. As far as size, IMO I would stick with stones the same size as in your band. I''m a big fan of symmetry but that''s just me. Either way, it will be awesome!

mintve

Brilliant_Rock
I think a plain band would look really nice. Plus, you would have it to then stack with an eternity anniversay band. Or to wear w/ the e-ring, etc. you would have lots of options.

As far as an eternity rings goes, the options are endless. I''ve seen some really wide pave looking pands that look like a band of glitter that look really good, you can get a matching one, you could get baguettes, etc. I think it would be fun to go to tffany or any loal jeweler and just try them on, you might be surprised at what you like.

Can''t wait to see more pics !

kellybelly

Shiny_Rock
Haven,

Not sure exactly what your style is, but it seems pretty "girly" so I will take a shot with this:

Beverly K floral band

I happen to LOVE them and I thought maybe you would too.

Kelly
:)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would get a shared prong band with stones the same size as those on your e-ring band. My w-band has 10 pointers, but the e-ring band is plain. I just think it might look a little much to have 10 pointers with your beautiful e-ring. I''d be sure to leave a sizing area, though, as few people keep the same ring size over a lifetime.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 6:25:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
I would get a shared prong band with stones the same size as those on your e-ring band. My w-band has 10 pointers, but the e-ring band is plain. I just think it might look a little much to have 10 pointers with your beautiful e-ring. I''d be sure to leave a sizing area, though, as few people keep the same ring size over a lifetime.

Agreed! If you plan to have children I would leave a sizing bar. I also think 10 pointers but take away from your lovely e-ring.

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would go with an eternity or 3/4 eternity in the same size stones as your ER. But I''d definitely also have a thin plain metal band for the ceremony as your "official" ring as stated above. It would be great to have that one engraved with your initials/wedding date or something special.

skadoo323

Rough_Rock
I am new to the site and was just browsing the threads, but wow!!!! What a ring! The rings looks classy yet is eye catching. I''m looking to buy an engagement ring and have been looking at similar styles online, but after seeing the pics of your ring I am amazed!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skadoo! Check out the Engagement Ring Folder/Eye Candy link at the top of this forum, you''ll see a gazillion gorgeous rings there!

Good luck with your engagement ring search, if you have any questions you can do a search and I''m sure you''ll find a ton of useful threads. If there aren''t any, post away, there are many incredibly knowledgeable people here willing to help!

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
You could tie a shoelace on your finger, and it would look beautiful next to that ering, anything would!!
2.gif

I like the idea of an eternity band. Please keep us posted with pics of what you decide!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/18/2007 6:33:46 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring

Date: 12/18/2007 6:25:01 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

Agreed! If you plan to have children I would leave a sizing bar. I also think 10 pointers but take away from your lovely e-ring.
Ditto.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results