shape
carat
color
clarity

Which Australian University Has The Most Prestigious Nursing Course?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I was just wonder cos I might be going to Aussie Land to do my nursing degree...
28.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My sister arrived to Australia on Sunday. I could ask her to poke around and ask questions once she''s settled (she''s living at a friend''s right now). Do you have a deadline?

Do you have advisors you could talk to?

Rock Candy

Brilliant_Rock
Any news yet Gladys?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
There''s some semi-good news actually. I was told that I''ll be going to the Istana (Singapore''s equivalent of the White House) for Nurses'' Day. That''s when the hospital awards will be given out. I was not told that I''ve been granted the scholarship, but it sure seems like I''m getting the award. Now I''m really crossing and double crossing every part of my body that can be crossed. Hopefully I''ll really get it!
26.gif

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Gladys!

I studied nursing at Deakin University, and having graduated from there we all got our first preferences for graduate years, due to the good name of Deakin-educated nurses. To be honest, though, most universities in Victoria offer excellent nursing courses, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. The university of Ballarat and Equinas in Melbourne, for example, produce very knowledgable, theory-oriented nurses, but their empahsis on hands-on clinical work is not as strong as Deakin''s, as is my understanding... whereas at Deakin they really encourage ''self-directed learning'' regarding pharmacology, theory etc., ... which sounds like a bit of a crock to some but it really weeds out the ones who kinda-sorta-don''t-really wanna be there, from the ones who really want to learn and get their degree. In addition the high school score needed to get into Deakin Nursing was far higher than any other nursing course in the region at the time I was applying, although I''m not sure if that''s changed or not now. Any idea of which state you''d be living in?

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I''m actually considering University of Sydney, University of Melbourne and La Trobe University. I tend to be more partial to La Trobe though, cos I''ve been reading so much from their website. I also wanna choose a place with the cheapest accommodation/food/transport/internet connection, cos I''ll be working with a fixed allowance each month and I wanna save as much as possible. Am I right to say that Sydney has a higher cost of living compared to Melbourne?

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/11/2007 1:12:22 PM
Author: gladyskristen
I''m actually considering University of Sydney, University of Melbourne and La Trobe University. I tend to be more partial to La Trobe though, cos I''ve been reading so much from their website. I also wanna choose a place with the cheapest accommodation/food/transport/internet connection, cos I''ll be working with a fixed allowance each month and I wanna save as much as possible. Am I right to say that Sydney has a higher cost of living compared to Melbourne?
Absolutely. Melbourne Univeristy and La Trobe (particularly Melbourne) are excellent places to be educated, and if you enjoy the city life I am sure you would love living in inner Melbourne, or Sydney for that matter, although it is very pricey!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results