shape
carat
color
clarity

Where''s Surfgirl?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I notice she hasn''t been around lately...

Anybody know how she''s doing/that she''s fine?

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
I noticed her absense earlier this week, too. I checked to see when her last post was and I think it was the first week of August? I hope she''s on vacation! :)

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah, me too...

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah me three.

I hope she is somewhere wonderful.

Mrs.2Artists

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Well, I was just wondering that myself. I took a look at her last posts, just to see if she was going to be out of the country or something with her job, and I didn''t see anything that would give us an indication of where the heck she went.

It''s just not the same without her.
7.gif

2Artists

Brilliant_Rock
No it is not.

Mrs.2Artists

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
I was thinking the same thing too. I hope that she returns soon-I love reading her input.

Deelight

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 5:07:13 AM
Author: bee*
I was thinking the same thing too. I hope that she returns soon-I love reading her input.

Ditto :)

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
She often travels to remote places for work, I bet she''s just somewhere without constant internet access. Hope she comes back soon.
1.gif

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2008 11:08:24 AM
Author: neatfreak
She often travels to remote places for work, I bet she''s just somewhere without constant internet access. Hope she comes back soon.
1.gif
That is what I remember her saying too!
1.gif

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK - she''s probably in some remote location, working.

Do you guys ever wonder what happened to people? Sometimes when I search a topic and I see someone with a few thousand posts, and they haven''t posted in years I think about what happened to them, what are they doing now, etc.

And for the people who''ve been here forever, have you ever felt a sense of loss when someone suddenly stops posting and never comes back (well, if you kind of liked them, if they were annoying, I know the answer
11.gif
haha)

Maybe this is a different thread, but just got me thinking...

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 9:02:14 AM
Author: claudinam
OK - she's probably in some remote location, working.

Do you guys ever wonder what happened to people? Sometimes when I search a topic and I see someone with a few thousand posts, and they haven't posted in years I think about what happened to them, what are they doing now, etc.

And for the people who've been here forever, have you ever felt a sense of loss when someone suddenly stops posting and never comes back (well, if you kind of liked them, if they were annoying, I know the answer
11.gif
haha)

I keep in touch with several folks who no longer visit PS. For most, the flavor of PS has evolved into something that doesn't resonate for them any longer.

onvacation

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/31/2008 9:11:50 PM
Author: NewEnglandLady
I noticed her absense earlier this week, too. I checked to see when her last post was and I think it was the first week of August? I hope she''s on vacation! :)
Huh? Me?

Nah, just kidding.
9.gif

I miss surfgirl, too!

NewEnglandLady

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 11:34:44 AM
Author: Allison D.

Date: 9/2/2008 9:02:14 AM
Author: claudinam
OK - she''s probably in some remote location, working.

Do you guys ever wonder what happened to people? Sometimes when I search a topic and I see someone with a few thousand posts, and they haven''t posted in years I think about what happened to them, what are they doing now, etc.

And for the people who''ve been here forever, have you ever felt a sense of loss when someone suddenly stops posting and never comes back (well, if you kind of liked them, if they were annoying, I know the answer
11.gif
haha)

I keep in touch with several folks who no longer visit PS. For most, the flavor of PS has evolved into something that doesn''t resonate for them any longer.
Understandable...we all need a PS break sometimes. A month or two ago it was getting pretty negative.

Allison D.

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/2/2008 12:33:31 PM
Author: Richard Sherwood
What a tactful answer...
33.gif

Richard, are you asking me to be more direct, or is this just an expression of surprise because you didn't know I *could* be tactful?
11.gif

togal

Shiny_Rock
I definately read more than I post, but I was wondering what happened to "DoorKnobSolitaire" and "Sundial" also. It's seems strange for someone to post away for a few years, then suddenly just stop and never, ever return. I guess there's no way of knowing what happens to people who suddenly leave the board. Occassionally, when someone is suddenly MIA, I check to see what their last post was, to see if there's some sort of clue....but usually there isn't. Makes you wonder....

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results