shape
carat
color
clarity

Where's my brie? and other weird stories of misplaced items

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not stinky, but my brand new Fitbit is in safe keeping. One of the cats was trying to steal it one night so I put it "somewhere safe" where he wouldn't be able to snatch it and run. That was weeks ago. I need to check under the furniture still, but am resigned to it not turning up until a new one is delivered.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Not stinky, but my brand new Fitbit is in safe keeping. One of the cats was trying to steal it one night so I put it "somewhere safe" where he wouldn't be able to snatch it and run. That was weeks ago. I need to check under the furniture still, but am resigned to it not turning up until a new one is delivered.

I love the pragmatism of this - "...until a new one is delivered." C'est la vie! :mrgreen:

rainydaze

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So glad you found the brie @jaysonsmom !

I couldn't find my eye glasses one evening as my friend and I were leaving a restaurant we had eaten at while on a mini-vacation. I usually take them off at restaurants as I am more comfortable talking to people across from me without them on. We scoured the floor, the table, the desk where we paid the bill. We had our server and the busboy hunted down to see if they may have cleared them from the table. People at tables next to ours caught on and checked around a little in case they had flown off our table and landed near theirs. I checked my purse a thousand times... Nothing. Resigned to never seeing them again, I submitted my name and number to the manager in case they turned up. Just as we were finally about to leave, my friend took her glasses off of her head where they were perched and couldn't put them on... because she was already wearing her glasses. She had taken mine and propped them on her head, while wearing her own glasses, and neither of us noticed!! I'm far from blind without them, and she is shorter than I am, so I really ought to have noticed. I swear I got a six-pack from laughing so hard that night!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@jaysonsmom glad you found the brie.

I’m always misplacing things. Currently I cannot find my blue spf cycling gloves. Sigh. I’ve been looking for a few days. They’ve disappeared lol.

Once I couldn’t find my glasses. Eyeglasses. They turned up in the fridge. Yup. The fridge. :lol:

Lots more stories but I won’t bore you. Suffice to say not a week goes by without me misplacing something. :/

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did that with a diamond ring once. I guess it’s still safe...wherever it is. :lol:

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So, one day I’m making dinner and I go to grab my favorite measuring cup but it’s not there. I take a quick glance around the kitchen and move on and use the less favored one. The next day...same routine. As two weeks comes and goes, I start getting freaking pissed that I can’t find this measuring cup. I’ve torn the kitchen apart and I’m getting more and more irate by the day. One day, my hubby comes home just as I’m looking for this measuring cup for the millionth time...and I blow up. Without a word, he walks up behind me, steers me into our bedroom and says...”this measuring cup?”

Low and behold, it’s my measuring cup...sitting right there on my dresser. And the best part? I’ve been using it every single night to add water to my humidifier....:knockout: :lol:

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I misplaced my bra in public last night. Joy. Typical me. I had to do a spinal MRI, I had to put all my belongings in a locker after I changed into a hospital gown. I think it got stuck on the velcro on my blindfold. But it fell off in the waiting room and I didn't see it. Awesome! I was so perplexed. I was going to just leave without it, yanno? Then I see it 4 ft from the next patient. A guy of course. Ugh!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I misplaced my bra in public last night. Joy. Typical me. I had to do a spinal MRI, I had to put all my belongings in a locker after I changed into a hospital gown. I think it got stuck on the velcro on my blindfold. But it fell off in the waiting room and I didn't see it. Awesome! I was so perplexed. I was going to just leave without it, yanno? Then I see it 4 ft from the next patient. A guy of course. Ugh!

Ok yours is the best!
Thank you for all the much needed laughter!
I hope the spinal mri results are good !

JPie

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on my walk today and totally thought of this thread! Whoever left these glasses is probably looking all over the house for them. In hindsight, maybe I should’ve knocked and said something.

4B361FA6-5C2C-4F9C-98C1-7BE788C4984F.jpeg

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I should have mentioned I was under mild sedation at the time. Hence the wanting to just "walk away!".

pearlsngems

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I saw this on my walk today and totally thought of this thread! Whoever left these glasses is probably looking all over the house for them. In hindsight, maybe I should’ve knocked and said something.

4B361FA6-5C2C-4F9C-98C1-7BE788C4984F.jpeg

It's not too late to swing by and see if they're still there....

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I thought I lost my glasses for 2 hours yesterday. Come to find out, they were on my head. Don't ask, just go with it.... I even put on another pair of glasses to see if I could find them. :shock: :lol:

In general, if I misplace something, I blame the lizards. (it sure as hell ain't the dog, she's too lazy)

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've lost my wedding dress and some beloved vintage Bally knee-high boots somewhere between moving back from QLD, moving overseas and back again. Have searched high and low through all our boxes of stuff stored in the shed multiple times but no joy.... ;(

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results