shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to sell gold

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
I have a heavy 18k yellow gold setting that I want to sell for scrap gold. Where is the best place to do something like this? It does have 18 melee diamonds in it that would need to be taken out as I would like to use them for another project down the road. Do any of the Pricescope vendors do anything like this? Any other ideas out there? Thank you!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Pearlmans buys gold and even has as calculator on their site that makes it easy for you to determine approximately what you'd get. http://www.ppmaa.com/ They give more than double any of my local places do.

But a lot of the jewelers on PS buy gold. Dave Atlas I think does. So does GOG.

I'd weigh what I have and then use the Pearlmans calculator to see what they'd pay. Then call Dave and GOG and see if they will give you more. If not... just send it to Pearlmans.

RaspberryBliss

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Gypsy! But, how do I find out the weight with the diamonds in it? Would any of those vendors you mentioned remove the diamonds for me and return them if they bought my gold? I would love to have them for a future project, but love to have the $$ now from the gold.

denverappraiser

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Alegna|1340168961|3219986 said:
Thanks Gypsy! But, how do I find out the weight with the diamonds in it? Would any of those vendors you mentioned remove the diamonds for me and return them if they bought my gold? I would love to have them for a future project, but love to have the $$ now from the gold.
Most jewelers with a bench on site can do this but it may not be free, and the cost of the labor to take it apart can offset the value of the salvage gold fairly quickly. It's going to depend on how the diamonds are set. They should be happy to quote you a price before starting any work and it might be 'free'. At a very minimum it's free to ask.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results