shape
carat
color
clarity

where to resize tension setting??

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

siddhartha

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I recently purchased a 0.75 CT diamond Gelin-Abaci tension set engagement ring. It is made of 14K white gold.

I purchased a sz 5, as that seemed to be the finger size of my (soon-to-be) fiancé. However, after the ring was purchased, she stopped in a ring store, and told me offhand her size is actually 4.25.

I live in Boston, and would like to get the ring resized, if possible. I love the ring, and the setting, and don''t want to compromise the integrity of the piece, but would prefer that it fits her well!

Anyone know/recommend a jeweler local who can perform this service? Can it even be done? I actually purchased the ring out of state, and it would be a major hassle to get back to that jeweler.

Thanks

Sid

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Sid:

Welcome to Pricescope! The only place that can resize your tension setting is Gelin-Abaci. You will need to contact the store where you bought the ring and ask them how to proceed.

Good luck!

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

siddhartha

Rough_Rock
is it possible to go to them directly? (Gelin Abaci)

Just because I would like to minimize the mailing process

Thanks

Chris

LesleyH

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Chris:

I think that they only work through the stores that they supply but you can give it a try.

LesleyH
www.whiteflash.com

Garry H (Cut Nut)

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
If the tension ring is a true unjoined at the top type - then DO NOT have it resized.

Cut and solder sizing will not ever be strong enough.
These rings can be plannished larger - but not made smaller without loss of the center diamond,

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results