shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to go for cleaning and maintenance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
This is my first time posting after lurking on this site for months. I have officially decided that the Ritani paved round solitaire ring is the way to go. I just tried it on at Bailey Banks and Biddle yesterday. The problem is that the only rings they had in stock were .50 center, 1. center, and 1.50 center. One carat is too large for my hand but .50 was a bit too small. I would like to order it in .70-.75. Unfortunately, because the ring isn''t in the store, I have no idea what the price will be. We will be contacting them later, but in the meantime I''ve been looking online. I already know I can get the .50 cheaper online at 2 locations so far and the only benefit I can see to buying in a B&M store is the free cleaning and maintenance, which brings me to my question (sorry, aren''t I long winded?):

If you purchase your ring online, where do you go to have it cleaned (are there good at home products?) and maintenance? How much does this usually cost if you did not purchase your ring from the jeweler? I''m trying to divide B&M cost over the cost of maintaining the ring over he course of a marriage.

Thanks!

gladyskristen

Brilliant_Rock
I use windex and a really soft baby toothbrush, followed by a hot water rinse and drying with a hairdryer. Works really well for me! I do it EVERYDAY. Some PSers uses ultrasonic cleaners and it works great, but I''ve heard that it''s not very recommended for pave, just in case the stones are not tightly set. I''d think a pave job done by Ritani should be good enough to not give you any problems though.

norman_in_L.A.

Rough_Rock
Hi MoonWater:

No matter where you buy the Ritani ring any jeweler in the mall would be happy to clean it for you. Most mall stores do not charge to clean and polish, just ask them. They are happy to have you in the store looking at merchandise while you are waiting.

As far as getting the ring with a 0.75ct center diamond you should speak to the BBB Store Manager.The Manager will be able to price the item and see if they have it in another store.
Since you have found simular items on line for less press the BBB Manager for a discount, he
or she may meet the on-line price.

MoonWater

Ideal_Rock
I use windex and a really soft baby toothbrush, followed by a hot water rinse and drying with a hairdryer. Works really well for me! I do it EVERYDAY. Some PSers uses ultrasonic cleaners and it works great, but I've heard that it's not very recommended for pave, just in case the stones are not tightly set. I'd think a pave job done by Ritani should be good enough to not give you any problems though.

Wow, never though to use windex before. I'm going to try that on my current jewelry, thanks!

Date: 7/1/2007 11:22:34 AM
Author: norman_in_L.A.
Hi MoonWater:

No matter where you buy the Ritani ring any jeweler in the mall would be happy to clean it for you. Most mall stores do not charge to clean and polish, just ask them. They are happy to have you in the store looking at merchandise while you are waiting.

I had no idea they would be willing to do this for free. How about checking the setting to make sure everything is okay? I'm sure this wouldn't be free, what's the usual fee?

As far as getting the ring with a 0.75ct center diamond you should speak to the BBB Store Manager.The Manager will be able to price the item and see if they have it in another store.

Since you have found simular items on line for less press the BBB Manager for a discount, he

or she may meet the on-line price.

I asked the woman we were talking to about discounting to match online prices and she claimed that they do not discount those pieces. I thought it was pretty odd. Paying an extra $800 or more to have free cleaning hardly seemed worth it. She also told me that they didn't carry any .75 because it was an unpopular size. I will have them call around however. Thanks a lot for the advice. I'll also make sure we speak to the manager next time.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results