shape
carat
color
clarity

Where to find small (3-4 mm) coloured gems?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
I''m looking for some small (maybe a diameter of 3-4 mm) very well cut gems with lots of fire. Does anyone know where to find such small gems?

jstarfireb

Ideal_Rock
I'm a huge fan of this size range and have bought quite a few of them. I've had a lot of luck with Dutton's Diamonds (got a 3mm demantoid and have a 4mm benitoite on hold) and D&J Rare Gems (got a 4x5 Mali garnet). Lisa Elser is another great cutter who sold me a ~3x5mm oval tsavorite, though I can't recall if she has anything else that small in stock. I also have some that I bought second-hand from Freke, cut by Barry Bridgestock and Dan Stair, though I haven't seen too many on their website in that size range lately.

shinyrocks

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Have you tried gemselect.com? I know some folks have had mixed experiences with them, but I''ve gotten a few goodies there that I''ve been very pleased with. I''ve seen matched suites on there of various gem types in the past.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Gemline Link has some small garnets and sapphires right now.

ETA: Link to the garnets.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Try Gemfrance. I haven''t bought from them, but I do know that the proprietor of this company is well respected in the industry.

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for your suggestions. What I do hope to find is a small Paraibla tourmaline and a small padparadscha sapphire.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/26/2009 5:05:36 PM
Author: Kashmira
Thanks for your suggestions. What I do hope to find is a small Paraibla tourmaline and a small padparadscha sapphire.
Here are some at Africagems. Link

Kashmira

Shiny_Rock
Thanks! I just bought a small neon bluish green tourmaline (3.7 mm) on Ebay and might have found a orange pinkish tourmaline from gemselect.com.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results