shape
carat
color
clarity

Where To Find A Yellow Sapphire?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/2/2010 2:59:07 PM
Author: Gailey
Jsmith8,

If you feel comfortable, tell us how much you anticipate spending on the stone. It would help us try and find one for you.

Also helpful to know would be: colour (pad or yellow - got that), size and shape.

I''m willing to spend up to $700, yellow stone, round or cushion, 1.00 ct and up.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
I recently purchased a ring that was custom made from NSC. They will send you the stone prior to setting for approval. They were great to work with and I have been very happy with my ring. I have attached pics of it. Good luck finding the perfect yellow sapphire.

Y2189 single prongs setting rendering.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 9:53:35 AM
Author: Taylorbug!
I recently purchased a ring that was custom made from NSC. They will send you the stone prior to setting for approval. They were great to work with and I have been very happy with my ring. I have attached pics of it. Good luck finding the perfect yellow sapphire.

Does anyone have change for a shilling?

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 9:58:30 AM
Author: VapidLapid
Date: 3/4/2010 9:53:35 AM

Author: Taylorbug!

Does anyone have change for a shilling?

What is a shilling? I read about it quite often on the NSC thread right now but don''t understand what it means!

Taylorbug, your ring looks nice but I WILL NOT be purchasing from them.

Taylorbug!

Brilliant_Rock
There are other companies I have seen listed on this site that have pretty yellow sapphires as well. I looked for quite a while before finding what I was looking for. Best of luck finding the right stone/ring for you!
emsmile.gif

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
I apologize, that may not have been appropriate.
I shall have alpha bits for breakfast
Perhaps I can spell TANZANITE with them!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I love yellow sapphires! It seems they can be hard to find. Thenaturalsapphire company has them and you might try simplysapphires. I don''t think heat is that big a deal but I would watch out fpor BE treated stones. Acstones.com had one at some point. Maybe they still do. Also try gemfix.com.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/1/2010 9:57:44 PM
Author: Chrono
Lattice diffused is pretty much like a BE treated stone. It is still a natural sapphire but heavily treated (dyed of sorts that is permanent). Most people tend to shy away from this as it is a very invasive procedure.

Synthetic is a man made stone. The chemical composition is the same but mother nature didn''t make it naturally under the earth. Since it didn''t go through the upheavals of nature and time, a synthetic stone is usually perfect in colouring and clarity. Most people shy from this as well except those who are concerned about mining practices and the environment.
And pne more thing to add is there is a difference between a lab sapphire made in a lab but the same mineral and a simulant which could be just about anything.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
I must have missed Simply Sapphires when I checked through yesterday. Here''s what''s listed within your price range:

2.26ct Cushion
1.99ct Oval

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the cut on the second stone much better than the first, just from the photos. I have a stone cut by the second cutter and I really like it. So if you like the first one ask for more photos. It may be a wonderful stone.

HTH

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/2/2010 9:55:25 AM
Author: Jsmith8

I would prefer a lighter yellow without any orange tint!
I think that some of the suggestions you''ve gotten are lovely but do show a bit of orange on my monitor. The First one from Simply Sapph and the Sapphire from Master Cut Gems both look a bit orange to me.

So take a look at all the suggestions and pick your favorites and ask for more photos! If none of them work for you then email some cutters with photos of the colors you do want and see what they can find for you!

I do really like the JM ring!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 1:36:21 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

Date: 3/2/2010 9:55:25 AM

I would prefer a lighter yellow without any orange tint!
I think that some of the suggestions you''ve gotten are lovely but do show a bit of orange on my monitor. The First one from Simply Sapph and the Sapphire from Master Cut Gems both look a bit orange to me.

So take a look at all the suggestions and pick your favorites and ask for more photos! If none of them work for you then email some cutters with photos of the colors you do want and see what they can find for you!

I do really like the JM ring!
Of course going the custom cut route may work, but I''m not sure a budget $700 will get you very much of a yellow sapphire. I''d love to hear that I''m wrong.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Wow, look at that, a yellow sapphire, custom cut and at such a reasonable price. I was wrong.

Of the two I like the look of the Chrysoberyl better. Why don''t you ask Barry if he can photograph them both for you in some bright overcast daylight.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Geez Gailey,
I should call you the "gemhunter!!"
2.gif

You should start charging for your services.
9.gif

I''m always amazed by all the options you come up with.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 4:40:24 PM
Author: Gailey
Wow, look at that, a yellow sapphire, custom cut and at such a reasonable price. I was wrong.

Of the two I like the look of the Chrysoberyl better. Why don''t you ask Barry if he can photograph them both for you in some bright overcast daylight.

Already sent a message! :)

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 4:50:14 PM
Author: tourmaline_lover

Geez Gailey,

I should call you the ''gemhunter!!''
2.gif

You should start charging for your services.
9.gif

I''m always amazed by all the options you come up with.

Seriously?! I don''t think I''ve ever gotten so much help from a single person on PS! Colored Stone Beast should be her title!
2.gif

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/4/2010 4:55:27 PM

Seriously?! I don''t think I''ve ever gotten so much help from a single person on PS! Colored Stone Beast should be her title!
2.gif
You''re welcome!

You must have heard I''m the size of a baby elephant to name me the beast! Who told on me?? Fess up!

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Barry emailed me back very quickly with pictures! He is a real nice guy to talk to.
1.gif

This is the two stones side by side.

Sapphire on left, Chrysoberyl on right.

MVC-108Sed.jpg

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Sapphire.

These are taken outside on his patio.

MVC-104Sed.jpg

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Chrysoberyl

So what do you guys think of the two stones?

MVC-101Sed.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Chryso - hands down!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The sapphire appears a little sleepy. Both are golden yellow, so if you''re okay with that, I would go with the chrysoberyl. Some chrysoberyls are greenish yellow. It depends what you prefer since it''s very difficult to find a pure straight vivid yellow stone in any species it seems.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a greenish yellow chrysoberyl in a green gold ring by Whiteflash, just to give you an idea of a more greenish yellow. I don''t recall you stating if you wanted golden yellow, so I''m just giving more ideas. This stone is owned by Pricescoper "Mochi."

mochi_chyrsoberyl_ring.jpg

ma re

Ideal_Rock
If you''re prefered setting design would work better with a more "quiet" stone, go with the sapphire. If it would look better with a more scintillating one, go with a chrysoberyl.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like the sapphire is more subdued; the macro picture shows some sleepiness (a little hazy).
The chrysoberyl has a sharper look so will appear more sparkly.

Jsmith8

Rough_Rock
Out of those two I like the Chrysoberyl better myself. Looks more lively.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/5/2010 8:55:07 AM
Out of those two I like the Chrysoberyl better myself. Looks more lively.
Here''s another chryso for you to look at. This one belongs to our Harriet.

Harriet chryso 01.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results