shape
carat
color
clarity

where to buy plain platinum ring ?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nat82

Rough_Rock
hi guys & gals.

just wondering if someone could recommend me where to buy a plain platinum wedding ring? (around 2mm for me, and 4mm for my FH)

is there any difference between the cheapest and the most expensive one''s ? (both plain platinum?)
assuming they are both made from the same material ? (platinum 950?)

online store will do, but i prefer b&m store so we can try it on first. we''re in melbourne - australia.

thanks a lot :)

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Hi again,

Have you tried Australian Diamond Company - my best friend is getting her wedding band there. They have lots to try on on site, and then maybe you could try for something similar online (?) as I know for a fact that when it comes to diamonds, they are not as cheap as online.

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
I''m planning on buying my plain platinum band from e-weddingbands.com based on good reports on this board. Facets also has very good prices for plain platinum bands, but they don''t have the style and size I want. In general, there can be differences in both the way the bands are manufactured and the metal content itself that may account for price differences. I am not an expert and picked up the following information from reading various pages on the internet, so please take it with a grain of salt! Rings can be cast, forged, or extruded and carved, with varying results in the porosity and strength. The metal alloyed with the platinum also varies. Common examples I''ve seen are cobalt, ruthenium, and iridium. Mark Morrell has a pretty good page about the different types of platinum here.

nat82

Rough_Rock
thx a lot gals.

i''ve taken a look at eweddingband and they have plat 95% and rhu 5%. they even have lowest price guarantee :D
once i get my ring sizer, i''ll order the rings from them!

and i assume that plat 90% and 10% iridium mix is only used for custom made band? or is there any online store that sell them?

Selkie

Ideal_Rock
If you can find somewhere to buy a Jabel ring, their platinum is 90/10 Plat Irid, and they use the die-struck method. There are a few jewelers with online presence that sell Jabel jewelry, but it can be a little hard to track down. You could also contact Jabel directly through this link: contact.

Jabel has a catalog online, and if you go to pages 16-18, it shows the various styles of wedding bands they make.
Jabel Catalog

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
I just bought one through eweddingbands.com. I am really happy with it and the price was the lowest I found. The only thing I was surprised about was the packaging - very basic - but that doesn''t matter once the ring is on your hand! I had it engraved and the engraving only looks so-so. I would probably skip that if I were to order another. The customer service was TOP quality.

milton333

Brilliant_Rock
Not to hijack, but does anyone have suggestions on where to buy a plain band that''s less than 2 mm, if such a thing exists? I was thinking for stacking/spacing purposes between an e-ring and shared-prong diamond band.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results