shape
carat
color
clarity

Where should I get a Sarin report done?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
I want to get a report done on my diamond before I have it set.
I understand most places want un-mounted diamonds only so I was going to un-mount it and then send it in.
But what I was wondering is - where should I get this done?
My diamond is inscribed trough the EGL - so should I go with EGL
or just go to GIA - it doesnt matter does it?
Also is a Sarin going to include an appraisal value? or is it just going to describe the diamond?
It looks like EGL includes a value, and the GIA doesn''t.
Would going with the EGL be my best bet?
20.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''d just take it or send it to an independant appraiser who can do a full work up on your stone before and then after you get the new setting. then it will be all ready for insurance as well.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
gia and egl are grading labs.
if you want a sarin report and appraisal on the diamond, you need to find an independent appraiser that has a sarin machine.

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
So go with a local independant appraiser?

I remember searching for local appraisers here on pricescope.

What should I look for when choosing one?

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Amanda,

Date: 4/13/2006 5:23:00 PM
Author:Amandas_Jewels
I want to get a report done on my diamond before I have it set.
I understand most places want un-mounted diamonds only so I was going to un-mount it and then send it in.
But what I was wondering is - where should I get this done?

First suggestion would be to go to your yellow pages and see if you can get it done locally while you wait. Call the appraisers and jewelry stores listed locally first.

If you have no luck there then you may want to send it to one of the appraisers listed here on PriceScope. My suggestions would be to check out ...

www.sarasotagemlab.com
www.consumersgemlab.com
www.gemappraisers.com
www.gemlab.us

Each of these appraisers are among the most competent I have run into and offer optical analysis as well. They will be a good standard with which to compare your local appraisers.

Also is a Sarin going to include an appraisal value? or is it just going to describe the diamond?
Nope ... A Sarin, OGI or Helium Report does not include a value in and of itself however the appraiser inspecting the diamond should be able to give you a value.

I don''t believe EGL or GIA provide full Sarin analysis although their reports do give certain details found on a Sarin. Looks like I inherited your font!
3.gif

Kind regards,

Amandas_Jewels

Rough_Rock
I am going to go with www.gemappraisers.com the AGA for the Diamond Grading report. I am waiting to hear back from them. Thank you to everyone for the help.
9.gif

Rhino

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Good for you Amanda. Dave and his team are tops I''m sure you''ll be pleased with their level of service. It''d be interesting to request an Imagem report while you''re at it.

Kind regards,
Jonathan

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results