shape
carat
color
clarity

Where is nice to visit near NY to see the Autumn Leaves?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
We''ve decided to spend the weekend in Manhattan (I booked the Club Quarters Downtown which had very good reviews and not too much $$) and then head out to see the countryside a bit...

A friend of mine has recommended Saratoga Springs as being beautiful especially at the end of September.

My only worry is that it is 200 miles from New York - but then I''m thinking, maybe 200 miles on your roads is very different from 200 miles on ours!

Ideally we''d like somewhere about 2 - 2.5 hours away by car that is picturesque and interesting, with some good views etc along the way.

We need to be back for an 11am flight from La Guardia - I''m guessing a hotel near the airport would be a good move?

Is this possible? Any suggestions...

Thank you all!

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Well the Berkshires in Massachusetts is ideal (but I am biased because thats where I am from!), but there you're talking more like 3 hours away. But it is sooooo pretty and filled with gorgeous fall things to look at and fun museums to go to. Think where Norman Rockwell is from (really, his museum is there too)..

When I was in high school we used to take day trips from there into the city all the time, so it is certainly doable, but a bit longer.

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Litchfield County in MA? If the leaves have changed colour, Central Park is also pretty. I can keep you updated, Pandora. Btw, which day works for a GTG since Madam Bijoux needs advance warning?

neatfreak

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/9/2007 4:31:30 PM
Author: Harriet
Litchfield County in MA? If the leaves have changed colour, Central Park is also pretty. I can keep you updated, Pandora. Btw, which day works for a GTG since Madam Bijoux needs advance warning?

Litchfield County is in Connecticut, even though it''s close to MA. Just so Pandora doesn''t get confused if she''s looking it up online.
2.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oops! I have no idea why I wrote "MA." Maybe because I''d been thinking about the Berkshires.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results