shape
carat
color
clarity

Where do you call home?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MrsG

Shiny_Rock
I have 2 homes. I was born and raised in Moscow, Russia and that''s where my family is, so that''s home #1. Home #2 is San Diego, where I spent majority of my adult life and where most of my friends are. I now live in the DC area, hopefully it will start feeling like home soon. I also lived on Whidbey Island, WA.

laurel25

Brilliant_Rock
I''m mostly from Michigan (Marquette, Detroit, Grand Rapids/Grand Haven), but was born in San Diego and also lived in WI (north of Green Bay) for a while. I''m now living in the middle of nowhere in Aitkin, Minnesota which is about 30 minutes from Brainerd and 2 hours north of Minneapolis.

Lill_The_Thrill

Shiny_Rock
I call Stockholm, Sweden home...

Clio

Brilliant_Rock
I live in the Maryland suburbs of DC and grew up in East Tennessee, but New Orleans will always be my real home. I moved there at 17 and instantly felt that I had arrived home.

PrincessDijon

Brilliant_Rock
Currently I am residing in Orlando, FL.....for now at least....

merrymunky

Brilliant_Rock
I reside in a lovely natural harbor town on the South Coast of England, called Poole.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
Born, raised, and lived in farm country of northern Illinois until I was 35.

I now live in Norman, Oklahoma.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Strongsville, Ohio is where I have lived for the past 9 1/2 years. I have never lived outside of Ohio!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
We live right near the HP/Lake Forest border--I can't wait to see all the gorgeous holiday decorations!

ETA: I was replying to SDL's earlier post, forgot to quote it!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles and still consider that home, live in a suburb of San Diego and love it here, but would prefer to live in a different area of SD, the longer I live here the more it feels like my home.

Tropicmaster

Shiny_Rock
In the country west of Charlotte NC. Maybe 40 minutes from downtown.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have live in CA, WI, OH and now NC. I love Charlotte and think this will be our home forever.

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Plano, TX, a suburb of Dallas.

But I consider Las Vegas my home town.
2.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 3:53:25 PM
Author: PrincessDijon
Currently I am residing in Orlando, FL.....for now at least....
Oh, man! I was just in Orlando last week for work! I should have made a thread or something!

I''ll be there quite often for tradeshows in 2009, though.

blackpolkadot

Shiny_Rock
At the moment, Southern MS is home. But TN, KY, and AL have also been called home at some point. I don''t really feel home in any of them, but maybe one day I''ll find a place I enjoy calling home.
''

UCLABelle

Ideal_Rock
Lived lots of places:

SF Bay Area; Santa Cruz, CA; Scotts Valley, CA; Los Angeles (Westwood), CA; Aliso Viejo, CA; New York; Philadelphia, PA; but of all the places, it is Santa Cruz, CA, my beloved hippy town that is home....

However, my favorite places were Westwood and NYC!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I grew up in Central Illinois but never felt much connection to it. When we moved here (the Quad Cities - eastern IA/western IL) I felt like I''d finally come home - which makes sense, because my ancestors settled nearby when they moved west in the early 1800''s.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Born on Grosse Ile, MI
Moved to Birmingham MI 21 years ago
Now live in Ferndale, Michigan with my hubby
37.gif

i_heart_cushions

Shiny_Rock
I was born in Vancouver, British Columbia - lived in Boston, Massachusetts as a child, and now back in Canada in Toronto, Ontario.

This is an interesting topic...nice to get a sense of a connection with other PSers...(although I haven''t TOO too many Canadians on here....). This might explain to some of you my "spelling" with the letter "u" in certain words....you know, that whole British spelling thing. =) i.e. favoUrite, coloUr. I have to remember to spell things the American way when I do a search or sometimes it won''t come up for me!
3.gif

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 12:35:57 PM
Author: elledizzy5
Ann Arbor, Michigan

Where are you from?
1.gif
Oops I knew I forgot something ... to say where I''m from lol
I''m from Ottawa, ON .... seems that I am the only Canadian here haha

Although I am origionally from Ukraine ... so technically I am a European at heart!
5.gif

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 1:05:13 PM
Author: princesss
Define ''home''
2.gif

Born in California and lived there until I was 11
Moved to Thailand at 11
Moved to Singapore at 14
Moved to Virginia at 18
Moved to Charlotte, North Carolina at 21 (9 days before I turned 22)

Lived in Spain and Panama for short periods of time in between the major moves.

Singapore is the place I love and get homesick for
Oh wow! Now that is some good traveling lol
But I can relate, I liked in Ukraine, then moved to Germany, then to Russia (but only for a few months) and then all the way over to Canada

EyeElle

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 6:25:18 PM
Author: i_heart_cushions
I was born in Vancouver, British Columbia - lived in Boston, Massachusetts as a child, and now back in Canada in Toronto, Ontario.

This is an interesting topic...nice to get a sense of a connection with other PSers...(although I haven''t TOO too many Canadians on here....). This might explain to some of you my ''spelling'' with the letter ''u'' in certain words....you know, that whole British spelling thing. =) i.e. favoUrite, coloUr. I have to remember to spell things the American way when I do a search or sometimes it won''t come up for me!
3.gif
Guess I spoke to soon lol Nice to meet a fellow Canadian
35.gif

Although I never had the pleasure of visiting BC, but I hear its gorgeous.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
Dublin, Ireland. I''ve lived here all my life.

lovegem

Shiny_Rock
I spent my childhood in China, My family immigrated to Toronto, Canada when I was a teenager. I moved to US this year. I can foresee us moving again in the next 5 to 10 years, if not to Asia it would be to the west coast. Toronto is my home. China is my homeland.
1.gif
When I was watching the Olympics I was cheering for both countries.
9.gif

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 6:28:33 PM
Author: EyeElle
Although I am origionally from Ukraine ... so technically I am a European at heart!
5.gif
EyeElle, пpивiт! Moя poдинa тaкoж з Yкpaїни, aлe я цiлe життя жию в Aмepицi. (Hope you still speak Ukrainian
1.gif
.)

so cal girl

Shiny_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 2:31:46 PM
Author: purrfectpear
I travel for Boeing all the time, so home is usually an Embassy Suites
2.gif

Actual home base is Long Beach CA.
PurrfectPear, that is so funny! I work for Boeing, too, but I''m based out of Huntington Beach.

I would definitely call Huntington Beach, CA my home. Even though I have lived all over California, now that I live at the beach, I don''t know if I could ever live anywhere else.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 7:49:31 PM
Author: so cal girl
Date: 10/29/2008 2:31:46 PM

Author: purrfectpear

I travel for Boeing all the time, so home is usually an Embassy Suites
2.gif

Actual home base is Long Beach CA.
PurrfectPear, that is so funny! I work for Boeing, too, but I''m based out of Huntington Beach.

I would definitely call Huntington Beach, CA my home. Even though I have lived all over California, now that I live at the beach, I don''t know if I could ever live anywhere else.

so cal girl, I used to live in HB! My family lived there for 4 years. I was pretty young, but it was a really fun place to be.

jcarlylew82

Shiny_Rock
bellevue, Wa, but i live in kirkland (WA) now. nothing like moving only 15 minutes away from home! :)

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve lived in northern New England for most of my life. We spent 2 years living in another state when my dad got a job transfer -- I was 6 when we moved away. We shortly found our way back to the same small NE town though and then stayed put. I spent 4 years living in another NE state when I was in college. I can''t seem to make the leap to move away, much to my husband''s disappointment. We both grew up in the state we live in, and our parents live close by (20-45 minutes away). We''d love to check out North Carolina, Charleston, SC, Tennessee, and maybe a few other places. I''m too scared to move though. Maybe someday.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/29/2008 3:17:32 PM
Author: MrsG
I also lived on Whidbey Island, WA.
I use to live on Whidbey, too. The Northwest is definetly my home, but island life wasn't for me so I was only there in my teens (and moved off after graduating from High School). . .I've lived in and around the Seattle area before and after the island years! We near the city now, but not in it. I cannot say which city is my exact "home," but as long as I can see mt. Rainier, I feel a sense of comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results