carat
color
clarity

Where are you honeymooning?

lulu66

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 7:11:13 PM
Author: ladypirate
We''re doing 3.5 weeks in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Austria and maybe Croatia). I am so jazzed about it! We are not really beach people and neither of us has been to any of these places before, so I''m really excited.

my dream vacay! ohhh, i''m so jealous & i must hear every detail when you get back (please?? lots of pics & stories?)!! eastern europe & greece are my *must do* before i die trips! followed closely by italy & ireland.

ladypirate

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/12/2010 10:01:58 PM
Author: lulu66
Date: 6/12/2010 7:11:13 PM

Author: ladypirate

We''re doing 3.5 weeks in Eastern Europe (Czech Republic, Poland, Hungary, Austria and maybe Croatia). I am so jazzed about it! We are not really beach people and neither of us has been to any of these places before, so I''m really excited.

my dream vacay! ohhh, i''m so jealous & i must hear every detail when you get back (please?? lots of pics & stories?)!! eastern europe & greece are my *must do* before i die trips! followed closely by italy & ireland.

Aww, thanks lulu! I will definitely post pictures when I get back.

We are so excited about it--we leave the Tuesday after our Saturday wedding and only have the first 3 nights in Prague booked. After that, we''re playing it by ear.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Our destination wedding is in Playa Del Carmen, Mexico, so we''ll be there for 2 weeks total:

8 nights in a 1BR suite at an all inclusive called Gran Porto Real, then 5 more nights at a place TBD. We''d like to say in a condo and are considering the Blue Pearl. There are so many options....we want the beach and to be VERY close to downtown.

It''s keeping me busy trying to pick a place!!! Hey - I am open to suggestions for condo rentals, if anyone is familiar with the area!

EricaR

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/10/2010 8:24:36 PM
Author: nkarma
We are honeymooning in same area we are getting married, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Four nights in the honeymoon suite at Pablo Escobar''s former beach front mansion http://hotelmilamorestulum.com/. The suite is as big as my 2 bedroom apt. And then 3 nights in Playa del Carmen at La Tortuga Inn which has great reviews and private rooftop jacuzzi.

La Tortuga is amazing!!! DH and I absolutely loved every moment we spent there and can''t wait to go back.

Should Be Studying

Shiny_Rock
Thanks to this thread, I actually decided to look at some resorts! We want a week of doing nothing, so I am pretty sure we will be going to the Secrets Maroma Beach resort. It is so far away, but I am excited.

Pushin40

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/13/2010 7:11:50 PM
Author: EricaR

Date: 6/10/2010 8:24:36 PM
Author: nkarma
We are honeymooning in same area we are getting married, Riviera Maya, Mexico.

Four nights in the honeymoon suite at Pablo Escobar''s former beach front mansion http://hotelmilamorestulum.com/. The suite is as big as my 2 bedroom apt. And then 3 nights in Playa del Carmen at La Tortuga Inn which has great reviews and private rooftop jacuzzi.

La Tortuga is amazing!!! DH and I absolutely loved every moment we spent there and can''t wait to go back.
Thanks - I think I have seen this resort on line!
After being at an AI for a whole week I think we really want to be in a condo with a kitchen for week #2, KWIM?
I''ll check it out though!!!

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
Riveria Maya, Mexico to Barcelo Maya Resort. We booked the flights yesterday!!!

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
We went to Rarotonga in the Cook Islands. The south Pacific is just amazingly desolate and gorgeous. One of my favorite parts was how pitch black the night sky was. I felt like we could see every star in the universe! We had our own little studio cottage thing with a view of the lagoon. It was nice to have a kitchen to prepare food for when we didn''t feel like eating out. I felt like we were on the set of LOST with the mountains in the middle of the island.

Had we gotten married this year instead of last year we were going to do somethign simlar to Elrohwen''s HM. Napa/Sonoma, national parks, western US stuff.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
We went to London, Singapore and Australia. It was absolutely perfect. I''d love to do it all over again.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
I haven''t been on here in forever! I''ve missed this site!

We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora! (you are going to be there about 3 weeks before me TG! Where are you staying?). We leave on 8/3 and get home on 8/15. I absolutely CANNOT wait.

Bjedifish

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Yay! I love this thread!! We are going to Hawaii! Specifically, Kauai then the big island and Oahu. We are leaving the monday after our wedding weekend. We figure lets leave one day to just take a breath (and deposit checks! Lol!)
My mom grew up in Honolulu and I have never been so YES I am "freakin'' excited!!!"
9.gif

aliciagirl

Shiny_Rock
FI recently got a new job that is only allowing him to take a total of 6 days off - including what he needs off before the wedding, so all our dreams of Fiji and Bora Bora were out.

We are going to San Francisco for 3 nights and Half Moon Bay for 3 nights. We''re leaving the morning after the wedding. While it isn''t exactly what we had hoped for, we are still really excited and it has been way less stressful than planning a trip somewhere more exotic!
5.gif

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/14/2010 4:59:17 PM
Author: marlie
I haven''t been on here in forever! I''ve missed this site!

We are going to Moorea and Bora Bora! (you are going to be there about 3 weeks before me TG! Where are you staying?). We leave on 8/3 and get home on 8/15. I absolutely CANNOT wait.

We''re staying at the Pearl Beach. That would have been so awesome if we were there at the same time! I think there were some brides on here a year or two ago that ended up at the same resort at the same time. What resort are you at?

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
We spent two weeks in Italy for our honeymoon last summer. It was the perfect trip for us. We were in Rome, Venice, Milan and Bellagio on Lake Como. If we could go back and change anything, we''d spend a little longer in Bellagio. I''ve traveled quite a bit, and to me, Lake Como was the most beautiful place I have ever seen. I''m really happy we got to go to Venice as well. When I was sixteen, I went to Italy with my parents, and when we were in Venice, I told them I wanted to go there on my honeymoon someday. My mom told me I would have to marry someone really wonderful to do that, and it was so special to me to actually be married to that really wonderful someone and to be in Venice on our honeymoon.

Okay, I''ll stop now. Thanks for letting me gush and feel all mushy for a moment there!

Dannielle

Brilliant_Rock

I am so flippin'' excited for our honeymoon!!!

We are going to Hawaii- spending 8 nights at the Sheraton Waikiki and then 7 nights at Wailea Marriott Resort & Spa at Maui
36.gif

Being from Australia this is a big splurge for us.. and we just paid it off the other day!
36.gif

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Costa Rica! We won a honeymoon this past weekend at a bridal fair where I live! It''s 5 days 4 nights at an all inclusive resort! Woot!

sba771

Brilliant_Rock
We are going to Sandals Whitehouse and we just came back from a practice honeymoon in the Greek islands. It was good practice as I learned we need to bring more books and a stronger spf for me. By day 3 I was a tomato.

marlie

Brilliant_Rock
Hi again TG...
We are staying at the Hilton Moorea for the first 5 nights and then the Sofitel Private Motu in Bora Bora for the next 5. I''ve heard wonderful things about the Pearl resorts so I know you guys are going to have an amazing time. Make sure you post pics and update me when you get home!

Iowa Lizzy

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/16/2010 3:33:56 PM
Author: marlie
Hi again TG...
We are staying at the Hilton Moorea for the first 5 nights and then the Sofitel Private Motu in Bora Bora for the next 5. I''ve heard wonderful things about the Pearl resorts so I know you guys are going to have an amazing time. Make sure you post pics and update me when you get home!

When we were deciding on a resort, it came down to Sofitel and Pearl Beach. I will definitely post some pics and a review when we get back. You''ll have to too!

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
Wow, congratulations Stepcutgirl! I never know of anyone winning these things, so it''s great to hear that you won your honeymoon! I wonder if someone will let us win free airfare?

caseygal

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/12/2010 3:01:07 PM
Author: ts44
We are going to Charleston, SC! It''s exactly the sort of place FI and I wanted to honeymoon in. We are staying at the Wentworth Mansion, and I''m so excited to go see all the antique shops and eat at the seafood restaurants. It will be the first time FI has traveled outside of his state!

Wentworth is absolutely wonderful! My favorite place to stay in Charleston--be sure to try the cinnamon buns at breakfast, you can''t beat them!!

stepcutgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks! It was very exciting for us since we are paying for our own wedding and it seemed there would not be enough for the honeymoon too.
Date: 6/17/2010 1:22:14 AM
Author: AustenNut
Wow, congratulations Stepcutgirl! I never know of anyone winning these things, so it''s great to hear that you won your honeymoon! I wonder if someone will let us win free airfare?

Ms.Goggles

Shiny_Rock
We leave for our wedding and honeymoon in Fiji in 12 days! We booked this trip so long ago, I can barely believe it''s actually coming up so soon! We''ll be there for 12 nights, staying at two different resorts. CANNOT wait, though I just read two horrible reviews of our hotels on trip advisor and they have me really bummed.
8.gif
Up until now, they''ve been stellar!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results