shape
carat
color
clarity

Where and how do you send a stone to be mounted as a ring?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there! I am from Singapore. Which vendor would you recommend to mount my color stone into a ring? looking at 18k wg. And can you advise on the procedure. Please do include the contacts for your recommended vendors tks

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Highly recommend Sally at Hearts of Water if you want to do a custom hand made piece for a super price but she''s in Thailand send her a convo (you''ll have to sign up on etsy though) otherwise if you buy a semi mount (make sure it fits your stone specifications) then have a local jeweler mount your stone.

http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=6415660

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I''ve either had the stone vendor set the stone or had the stone sent to me and then had my local jeweler set it in a setting I bought seperately.

HTH

arjunajane

Ideal_Rock
This is a hugely general question CT - imo, the answer depends entirely on what style of mount you want, whether you want stock or custom, how much you wish to spend, what is your centre stone, your comfort level with international transactions, etc etc..

If you share some of these details, perhaps we can give more recommendations?

But yes, considering you are already in that part of the world (and assuming you want custom), I could recommend Sally of Heart of Water (based in Thailand).

SparkleSparkle

Shiny_Rock
How about LizC? She''s also in Singapore. I think she''s mostly known for her CZs but she does beautiful settings as well.

http://www.lizcjewelry.com/main.html The menu to see the rings is at the top of the screen.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If I have the mount in hand, say a LOGR, I''ll let my local jeweller set it.
If I want a Stuller setting, my local jeweller will order it and set it.
If it is a custom mount, I will send my stone to the custom setter to mount it.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I use Johnny''s Jewelers based out of Hong Kong. I think they are very inexpensive and have phenominal custom work.

Goodluck!

chictomato

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi there tks for all the input! I am looking at a diamond halo 18k white gold ring that can fit my 7X7mm peridot. Had checked out the price with Liz from Singapore. It will cost around USD800. That''s way off my budget:) Had left an email to Sally, awaiting her reply. In the meantime pls do advise if there are better priced 18k white gold halo ring! Tks in advance.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results