shape
carat
color
clarity

Whence this cornflower blue?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
I think that the "screaming blue" colour description and the "tickle me pink" colour crayola that Matata posted could be the start of a whole new colour grading system for gems everywhere
11.gif
11.gif

Georg

Rough_Rock
Richard, this one is for you ,..
Screeaming blue color #? in your grading,..
I must admit this stone was screaming so loud my hand was shaking while taking this picture,...
3.31ct Ceylon heat treated

screamingblue.JPG

chantal990

Shiny_Rock
Date: 1/19/2005 1:28
6.gif
5 AM
Author: Georg
Richard, this one is for you ,..
Screeaming blue color #? in your grading,..
I must admit this stone was screaming so loud my hand was shaking while taking this picture,...
3.31ct Ceylon heat treated
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm *drool* That is one stunning screaming stone and ring
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Matada me too!! I go gaga when I see a stone like that!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Id like to some day see a comparison of sapphires of different origins that are considered perfect in color as far as there origin goes. Did that make any sense?

widget

Ideal_Rock
Innerkitten...it makes perfect sense, and is a great idea! I hope someone takes you up on your suggestion.

I THINK that countries of origin are usually determined by looking at interior differences..inclusions, etc.. rather than color.

But I too would love to see, side by side, "typical" Burma, Ceylon, Thai, African, etc., etc....blue sapphires....

widget

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Well Widget, You did know what I meant and I searched the web and the closest thing I could find was a sample of this book Passion Fruit by Richard Hughes on his website.

Although it only shows photos of and talks about three types of sapphires it has very good information.
http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/sapphire_connoisseurship.htm

I love this website and the parts from his books that he shares.

bar01

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/25/2005 12:28:13 PM
Author: innerkitten
Well Widget, You did know what I meant and I searched the web and the closest thing I could find was a sample of this book Passion Fruit by Richard Hughes on his website.

Although it only shows photos of and talks about three types of sapphires it has very good information.
http://www.ruby-sapphire.com/sapphire_connoisseurship.htm

I love this website and the parts from his books that he shares.
Don''t forget Mr. Wise

Decriptions of Origins and Colors

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results