shape
carat
color
clarity

When you were pregnant what kind of food..

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congratulations @Niel & @ForteKitty ! How exciting for you both!

With DD1 - I craved cheese. In particular my husband was attending meetings twice a month in Gothenburg at the time, and it wasn't worth his life to return without a specific cheese. I just ate it off the block.
With DD2 - I craved McVities Rich Tea biscuits. I went through packets.

Interestingly, with the first I also had an aversion to foods that went slimy when cooked, such as mushrooms, peppers & courgette. Usually I ate heaps of those & as soon as she was born I was right back into them, but DD1 cannot STAND the texture of cooked slimy foods in her mouth. And DD2 has a thing for Rich Tea biscuits. She'd take them any day over anything else on offer. This brought me to the conclusion that it's actually the developing baby that dictates these cravings & aversions to the mother?

LJsapphire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I didn't have any cravings or sickness. I was pretty lucky. Tired all the time though, so tired! :sleep:

I notice that this thread is an old one, so the baby bumps will be about 4 years old now!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had morning, noon and night sickness, for the whole 9 months :sick:

However, there were times I craved Ribena (black currant cordial) and liver sausage :eek2:

Just about the only thing that didn’t make me hurl immediately after eating it was, oddly enough, Curry :lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
With my first, I craved crispy Red delicious apples and lemonade.
It was summertime, and I was hot and miserable.

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
first: overstuffed turkey subs with vinegrette dressing.
second: McDonalds (specifically quarter lbers and fries), makes me sick to my stomach to think about that now!
Third: boxed kraft macaroni and cheese and m and m s and chinese food!
fourth: Was having huge marital issues at this point and felt too sick about it all to eat. I had to literally force myself to eat to get enough nutrition for my daughter.

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only had cravings with my first one and it was for McDonald's soft serve ice cream cones. Couldnt eat anything tomato based. Gave me bad heartburn.

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
Craving basically carbs this whole time. Potatoes, bread, pizza. Anything I shouldn't eat. Sometimes vanilla ice cream specifically with hot fudge and cherries. But the borderline and very well controlled with diet GD says nooo not allowed lol.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No cravings for anything specific but ravenously hungry all the time. I had to eat constantly , otherwise I would get dizzy and nauseated. No wonder I gained 50lbs with each pregnancy . Both of my kids are very good eaters, not picky. Not ones to ever skip a meal.:lol-2:

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mexican :lickout:

kemurphy

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Brownies. I made and ate many boxes of brownies all by myself. I don't normally have a sweet tooth but there was something about brownies that I just couldn't get enough of....

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I was pregnant with my first, a girl, I craved watermelon. I would cut it up in chunks and bring a huge bowl with me to work and put it behind my desk and eat it all day. With my next three, I craved green olives. I would buy the biggest jar I could find and you would often find me standing in front of the fridge and shoveling them in my mouth. I literally could not get enough. I never ate them much before at all. After I gave birth my husband brought me a jar to the hospital and they didn't taste the same and I never ate another olive. The craving for olives was a little less with each of the next pregnancies and I didn't crave much of anything with the last. I think I was just too stunned to be having #5.

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
For my first, a daughter, I had a wicked craving for sushi, tuna and yellowtail in particular. For my second, a son, I wanted hamburgers.

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Malted milk shakes, but they had to be from this one place. It was terrible if the craving hit & they weren't open.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
First son: french fries and gravy, 24 hours a day.
2nd son: Hawaiian Punch.

weird.

I had a lot more of the I CAN'T EAT THIS 'CAUSE IT MAKES ME SICK food and smells :)

MaisOuiMadame

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I had morning, noon and night sickness, for the whole 9 months :sick:
Suffered from this as well. I was soooo miserable and a pet peeve of mine is the talk about "morning sickness"... I was miserable 24/7!!

Craved Fanta Mango sometimes (I usually never drink any soda, let alone this extra sweet stuff:sick:)

BlingObsession

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I had morning, noon and night sickness - from the start to the finish of the pregnancy. Gained about 50 pounds / 24 kgs but I don't know how cos I really couldn't keep anything down. I only weighed 50kgs when I got pregnant so I put on half my body weight! Yikes :eek2:

No wonder I only had one for which I am eternally grateful - she is a true jewel.

Cravings? Only one. Ice Cold Champagne! No I didn't indulge but boy did I want to - it was the only thing I could think of. My daughter is not a drinker but she loves champagne, hahhahaha.

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I only had cravings with my eldest and that was for grape soda, it gave me horrible heartburn but I had to have it.

acaw2015

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I had no cravings in my two pregnancies. The first weeks of my first pregnancy, until w 12, I couldnt eat anything other than sushi and lost several kgs. After that I was fine eating but couldnt eat meat or spicy food. Second pregnancy was with twins and oh my. I was so sick. I had to struggle to eat and when I found something go eat I could only eat it for a couple of weeks until it made me sick too. I could never eat after 17:00. The last months I could only eat breakfast... Horrible! But the moment they were out I could eat again, litterally spent the first few days eating like crazy.

Eta, and pregnancy makes you glow, they say....

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results