shape
carat
color
clarity

When you buy an a loose diamond online...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkles31

Rough_Rock
Do you mean order it, check it out and then return it if its not what you want? Is there a place where you can actually go see the diamonds in person or do you just talk to a rep?

Do you usually have to order more than 1 then decide what you want?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
you can have stones sent to you as most vendors have a generous return policy. if you don''t like the stone and end up sending it back, you will generally pay for return shipping. another option would be to have a couple of stones sent to a local appraiser for viewing.

sparkles31

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:19:41 PM
Author: belle
you can have stones sent to you as most vendors have a generous return policy. if you don''t like the stone and end up sending it back, you will generally pay for return shipping. another option would be to have a couple of stones sent to a local appraiser for viewing.
So do the websites typically have appriasers that they send the stones to or do I find an appriaser to get it sent to?

Patty

Ideal_Rock
Some vendors will send the diamond(s) to an independent appraiser in your area and then you can check it out there without paying for the diamond up front. I did this with the first one I bought from SuperbCert. I am not sure if I would have paid the shipping back to the shop if we had not bought the stone. We did buy it and once we paid for it, the appraiser released the stone to us.

sparkles31

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:24:25 PM
Author: Patty
Some vendors will send the diamond(s) to an independent appraiser in your area and then you can check it out there without paying for the diamond up front. I did this with the first one I bought from SuperbCert. I am not sure if I would have paid the shipping back to the shop if we had not bought the stone. We did buy it and once we paid for it, the appraiser released the stone to us.
Oh that''s great to know. I think that will make the process a lot easier.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/9/2006 1:22:00 PM
Author: sparkles31

Date: 1/9/2006 1:19:41 PM
Author: belle
So do the websites typically have appriasers that they send the stones to or do I find an appriaser to get it sent to?
if you have a local appraiser in mind you can ask to have it shipped to them and you can go and see the stones for yourself. another option would be to have a couple of stones shipped to a ps recommended appraiser who you can trust to ''be your eyes''.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results