shape
carat
color
clarity

When will it be ok to sell & ship again?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Hello friends,
I have been collecting a few things here and there over the course of my Covid isolation, and have enjoyed 'playing' with them at home. But the pendulum is beginning to swing back toward letting go again. I've read about issues with USPS and I'm a little hesitant to go back to shipping as if everything is 'normal' again.

What do you think? Should I keep waiting? When would be a good time to begin listing again?

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Ok then perhaps it is time. I am still a little hesitant.
I need to send a stone to GIA and have been dragging my feet.
Part of me worries all the time, and wants to keep *all the things* and the other part is a minimalist. Guess which one usually wins!

Last edited:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I dont know who Amazon use to get stuff to NZ but last month i had a package arrive in under a week
That's fast even for precovid times
Things might be starting to return to nornal

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mailing priority seems to help and I don’t think charging a shipping fee for that service would put off buyers at all.

PreRaphaelite

Ideal_Rock
Previously I had been using Etsy to run the listings, and used priority shipping through them, but for the higher value pieces going forward, I wonder if buyers would tolerate it if I needed to send it as Registered. It takes longer but is safer. Since I don't have a time limit for returns, maybe that would be ok.

What do you think?

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Previously I had been using Etsy to run the listings, and used priority shipping through them, but for the higher value pieces going forward, I wonder if buyers would tolerate it if I needed to send it as Registered. It takes longer but is safer. Since I don't have a time limit for returns, maybe that would be ok.

What do you think?

If someone wants something badly enough they will pay for the extra shipping especially for a higher value item. That’s just my 2c.

PinkAndBlueBling

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been shipping this past year all over the world, and the only problem I had was some gems going to Sally in France. The post office put "Norway" on their label, so it took a little detour. :wall:

jordyonbass

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I had some pretty major issues with USPS last year as well as a European postal service as they linked up with our AusPost service.

Switched to FedEx, best move I've made for shipping overseas.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know this isn't the same thing, but I've been shipping my glassware and dishes through Etsy since February and I think in just that short time things have improved with USPS. Of course it did take longer for a box to get to California from Chicago than it did for a box to get RUSSIA, but that was an anomaly. I've also shipped things to Australia and Canada and while they took a bit, it didn't seem that unusual to me. Things in the US are generally making it in 2-4 business days with priority mail. Not sure if any of this is helpful, but I do think things are looking up!

I've bought and sold quite a few things during COVID. Have used USPS, UPS, and FEDEX as well as a couple of international carriers (e.g. Royal Mail?).

So far *knock on wood* I've only experienced delays and no damaged or lost packages. Longest delays were when packages got caught up in customs. But after filling out some paperwork and waiting for what seems like forevvvver, eventually the packages always made it to their intended destination.

Btw, I haven't used registered mail yet. But I did buy some of that brown paper tape I've heard so much about, so I AM READY :lol-2:.

April20

Ideal_Rock
I own a small online business and have shipped probably 3,000 packages since November within the US and internationally. Thus far, out of all the packages I have shipped, only two have gone MIA and they were both sent the end of November. Some have been delayed, but I'd say 90% off all packages have arrived within expected time frames. I send mostly USPS First Class with some Priority.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results