shape
carat
color
clarity

when was the last time you received a traffic ticket?

amc80

Ideal_Rock
I've gotten two tickets, both for speeding...one was 5 years ago and the other was 6.

I have been pulled over twice in the past year or so. Once was on the freeway...I was going 69 in a 65. But it was late on New Years Eve, so I think he trooper was looking for a DUI. My DH (boyfriend at the time) was with me. He's a deputy and knew the trooper. The trooper ended up apologizing for pulling us over and taking up our time. :)

The other time was for not completely stopping at a stop sign when making a right hand turn. I still think I stopped all the way. Anyway, the officer came up to my car with the ticket...I said something like "Oh my fiance is going to give me so much crap for this, he's a deputy." The officer then took the ticket back...he said it was in the system at that point so he had to ticket me for something, so he wrote it up for a cracked windshield and told me to have DH sign it off.

I must say I really enjoy having a husband in law enforcement :)

jazzoboe

Shiny_Rock
Never been pulled over for speeding, but I got a ticket 5 years ago when I was in an accident for an "illegal left turn," I think. I don't remember how much it was, $90, maybe? I also got a couple of parking tickets in college, but I knew I deserved them, parking was just such a pain on campus and both happened while I was working on campus and didn't want to walk a mile at 4AM by myself. Worth it. They were only like $25 so I paid them and didn't care. I also got pulled over once in college when I knew I wasn't speeding bcause I had already seen the cop car sitting in the parking lot. Turned out my license plate light was out :rolleyes: At least I didn't get a ticket.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1335760052|3183782 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1335751972|3183716 said:
Dancing Fire|1335742159|3183636 said:
Asscherhalo_lover|1335737871|3183606 said:
We have red light cameras where I live and I just got a ticket in the mail. $65 boo!
only $65 bucks?...here in Ca. your looking at least $400 bucks.

It's only $65 because it comes from an automatic camera. If you get one from an actual police officer it's much more. Are yours $400 for automatic tickets or from an officer? That's crazy!
i don't think we have cameras inside our city limit,but there are signs posted "$375" for a red light violation,so $375 + other garbage fees = over $400.

Dunno about your city DF, but we most certainly do have red light cameras in my city (i.e., on Broadway & in the Fair Oaks/Howe area). Not only that, but they're now using them not only for red light violations, but also for "failure to come to a complete stop" when turning right on a red light. Ugh. No use batting your eyelashes at those cameras!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
[quote="VRBeauty|1335822433|
Dunno about your city DF, but we most certainly do have red light cameras in my city (i.e., on Broadway & in the Fair Oaks/Howe area). Not only that, but they're now using them not only for red light violations, but also for "failure to come to a complete stop" when turning right on a red light. Ugh. No use batting your eyelashes at those cameras![/quote]

Broadway & what?.. i know there used be cameras on 15th & X but some reason they were remove about 3 yrs ago.

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
When? Before I met my husband; so, 19 years ago.

I've been stopped since then . . . but . . . I'm really good at acting innocent. "I was going how fast, Officer? Oh, my!" :bigsmile:
:halo: :devil:

onedrop

Ideal_Rock
Wow, I am surprised at how many people posting in this thread haven't had tickets in years! We have so many speed cameras in our area that it's really hard NOT to get a speeding ticket at least once a year. I had two on the same street within the span of a few weeks, before I realized the speed camera was there, but that was more than a year ago. Luckily, the tickets issued from speed cameras are only $40 and don't carry points.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have had a total of 8, I believe. All speeding tickets.

Starting at 15. That first one was for 82 in a 55. I had to go to drivers improvement school about 2 months after getting my license.

Last one was about 2 years ago. Red light/speed camera.

Second to last one was about 6 years ago.

So 6 tickets between 15 and 23. I've been to drivers improvement school 3 times. I have ZERO points on my license, and have never had any.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
About 10 years ago while pregnant. I alledgedly turned left on a red, but l swear to this day it was still yellow when I turned into the intersection.....and I really needed to make the light in order to make it home to pee

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
DivaDiamond007|1335721509|3183482 said:
*CROSSING FINGERS* I've never been pulled over! :bigsmile:

Haha, this was me until recently. I'd never been pulled over (I'm 27), and now I've been pulled over 3 times since the beginning of 2012. The first two were for speeding and didn't result in tickets, and the most recent one was last Thursday night and I have no clue why he pulled me over. He didn't even make it up to the window before he said "Yeah, I just saw your lights, have a good night" (I drive an unmarked vehicle with dark tint) and walked away. :lol: The only thing better than having a SO in law enforcement is being in law enforcement yourself. :wink2:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1335828280|3184382 said:
Broadway & what?.. i know there used be cameras on 15th & X but some reason they were remove about 3 yrs ago.

Freeport (21st) and Broadway for sure... :tongue:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1335935668|3185466 said:
Dancing Fire|1335828280|3184382 said:

Freeport (21st) and Broadway for sure... :tongue:
hmm...i have never notice the cameras and i'd drive by there few times a week.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results