shape
carat
color
clarity

When to move on and adopt another to love?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss, audball. I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member. My thoughts are with you.

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Hugs and love, aud. I'm so sorry for your loss. But you gave Mimi a warm and loving home, and I just know she adored having you and A as "parents."

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy. I read your story and I really admire you for adopting a senior dog. She's fortunate to have had such a good home to spend her final year with.

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I'm very sorry for the loss of Mimi. Sending you many healing vibes.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone. I went home for lunch today and there was a condolences card in the mail from the vet. Even reading the card on my walk to the door of our apartment and I still react instinctively to keep Mimi from scooting out the front door as I open it, even though she's no longer there. It breaks my heart.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm so sorry to read this latest news. Please accept my condolences. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you gave her the best possible home in the past year.

Matata

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I fell in love with her through your posts and am so very sorry she left you so soon. I know that your grief is fresh and raw and time, not words, will ease the loss. However, I have to say that she was a lucky pooch to have people who loved and cherished her this past year. And no matter how much her loss hurts right now, take comfort in the knowledge that she loved you right back.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thank you everyone. It feels good to know that even without having met her, that people could tell just how amazing our little girl was and very special she was. I just can't believe how incredibly loving she was despite how awful she had been treated.

There is a special kind of love you receive, not only from a rescue dog, but from a senior rescue dog. I'll never forget her.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, geez, i'm crying. I will light a candle for Mimi this evening.....
I want to than you again for taking Mimi into your home but more importantly into your heart.
looking at her pictures it is obvious she knew she was "lucky".....and I know you were lucky to have her as well.
that you are numb speaks volumes. if it didn't hurt, well, you would not have committed your heart to her.
I am so very sorry you are going through this again.
but....and this is a big BUT.....while they do tear a piece of our heart out when they leave us, it is nothing compared to the joy they bring us.
again, thank you so much for loving Mimi and allowing her to love you. thank you for making the last year of her life special. thank you for keeping an open mind and heart and for allowing yourself to love even when you knew it might be short lived.
RIP Mimi.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Thank you for the beautiful post, MZ. I sincerely appreciate it.

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
candle for Mimi has just now been lighted.
take care, audball.........

audball

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1370919618|3463175 said:
candle for Mimi has just now been lighted.
take care, audball.........
Thank you, so much.

There is a skinny crescent moon out tonight. It looks like a smile. Our Mimi is smiling down on us.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
audball|1370873477|3462612 said:
It still doesn't feel real. Every time I come home I expect her to be there at the door, and then she's not. Andrew and I had both lost pets as kids, but there is something different about it being one you chose, you cared for, you were responsible for. This is a kind of hurt I've never known.

audball-

I read this thread backwards until I got to this posting, because I wanted to know when the trouble started. And I saw that the bad turn was as sudden for you and Andrew as it was for us readers on Pricescope. It wasn't that Mimi got sick and declined. I thought that, somehow, I had missed that. But I didn't miss anything. She had good biopsy reports...and then this. Sudden illness out of the blue.

I am so sorry. I followed the adoption with delight. I feel a great tenderness for the bonds you shared, the love you gave Mimi. This is bringing back my having to euthanize my (adopted) yellow Lab, Biscuit, five years ago. Adopted dogs are very special. Your love for Mimi was very special.

Hugs and love to you and Andrew,
Deb

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
may she always put a smile on your face when you think of the love you shared....and when you see that sliver of moon in the sky.

she was such a special doggie even for me a cat person who knew of her only through this thread.

Mimi will always live in your heart.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Oh I'm so sorry for you audball! Rest in peace sweet Mimi! ;(

audball

Ideal_Rock
AGBF|1370920447|3463193 said:
I read this thread backwards until I got to this posting, because I wanted to know when the trouble started. And I saw that the bad turn was as sudden for you and Andrew as it was for us readers on Pricescope. It wasn't that Mimi got sick and declined. I thought that, somehow, I had missed that. But I didn't miss anything. She had good biopsy reports...and then this. Sudden illness out of the blue.

I am so sorry. I followed the adoption with delight. I feel a great tenderness for the bonds you shared, the love you gave Mimi. This is bringing back my having to euthanize my (adopted) yellow Lab, Biscuit, five years ago. Adopted dogs are very special. Your love for Mimi was very special.

Hugs and love to you and Andrew,
Deb
Thanks so much Deb. Yes, it was rather sudden. In the last few weeks, she had been breathing a bit more labored after longer walks or a long play session, but she always recovered her breath in just a few minutes of rest so I didn't think it was anything to be concerned about, since, after all, she was an older dog who I (maybe wrongfully) assumed just wasn't as spry as she used to be. Thoughts that like won't make anybody feel any better, though, so I'm trying not to dwell on the should haves or could haves.

She will always hold a very special place in our hearts. We will always remember her and miss her terribly.

audball

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1370921620|3463204 said:
may she always put a smile on your face when you think of the love you shared....and when you see that sliver of moon in the sky.

she was such a special doggie even for me a cat person who knew of her only through this thread.

Mimi will always live in your heart.
It certainly will. And she certainly is.

audball

Ideal_Rock
rosetta|1370941208|3463272 said:
Oh I'm so sorry for you audball! Rest in peace sweet Mimi! ;(
Thank you.

audball

Ideal_Rock
junebug17|1370874098|3462616 said:
My heart sank when I saw you had added to this thread audball, because I knew Mimi was an older dog and I just had a feeling...I am so, so sorry, I have tears in my eyes. I know this sounds dumb, but I got attached to Mimi through your descriptions of her...she just sounded so very sweet and loving and just such a nice doggie...she was SO lucky to spend her remaining time with you and your SO - you gave her such a wonderful life and so much love and I know she just adored you guys for it. Hugs to you, I know it is so hard. :(sad
Sorry I didn't reply individually at first! It was hard to read the responses. I appreciate all of your sweet thoughts. It doesn't surprise me that anybody feels that way about her -- one look and anybody would be attached. She gave unconditional love and was just a happy girl.

audball

Ideal_Rock
maccers|1370875645|3462636 said:
I'm so sorry for your loss, audball. I know how hard it is to lose a furry family member. My thoughts are with you.
Thank you. This is the hardest thing I've ever done.

audball

Ideal_Rock
star sparkle|1370878561|3462660 said:
Hugs and love, aud. I'm so sorry for your loss. But you gave Mimi a warm and loving home, and I just know she adored having you and A as "parents."
Thanks friend. We adored her too.

audball

Ideal_Rock
sortmon|1370881840|3462702 said:
I'm so sorry for your loss. Losing a pet is never easy. I read your story and I really admire you for adopting a senior dog. She's fortunate to have had such a good home to spend her final year with.
Thanks sortmon. My only regret is that I didn't find her sooner so I could have loved her longer.

audball

Ideal_Rock
dragonfly411|1370884716|3462732 said:
I'm very sorry for the loss of Mimi. Sending you many healing vibes.
Thank you.

audball

Ideal_Rock
VRBeauty|1370893638|3462837 said:
I'm so sorry to read this latest news. Please accept my condolences. I hope you can take comfort in knowing that you gave her the best possible home in the past year.
Thank you. We're trying to focus on all the good she had and hope that she didn't even remember what it was like to not be loved or wanted.

audball

Ideal_Rock
Matata|1370894501|3462847 said:
I fell in love with her through your posts and am so very sorry she left you so soon. I know that your grief is fresh and raw and time, not words, will ease the loss. However, I have to say that she was a lucky pooch to have people who loved and cherished her this past year. And no matter how much her loss hurts right now, take comfort in the knowledge that she loved you right back.
Thank you.

tammy77

Brilliant_Rock
Oh Aud I'm so very sorry to hear that Mimi has passed away. :(sad Our furry family members may only be with us for a short while here on Earth, but they really are forever in our hearts. I was just talking to my DD about our Chloe (the old one in my avatar) last night. The pain is strong, but the love given and received is worth it. Big hug to you and A. :((

lulu

Ideal_Rock
Oh, audball, so sorry you lost your angel. But what a gift you gave her!

lulu

Ideal_Rock

audball

Ideal_Rock
tammy77|1370961580|3463375 said:
Oh Aud I'm so very sorry to hear that Mimi has passed away. :(sad Our furry family members may only be with us for a short while here on Earth, but they really are forever in our hearts. I was just talking to my DD about our Chloe (the old one in my avatar) last night. The pain is strong, but the love given and received is worth it. Big hug to you and A. :((
Thanks tammy. Never forgotten.

audball

Ideal_Rock
lulu|1370966417|3463438 said:
Thank you lulu. We only hope she knew how much she was loved and wanted and that we were able to erase all the bad things that happened to her from her memory.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results