shape
carat
color
clarity

When to go up in size/down in clarity or down in size/up in clarity?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh well, it might be me, but it does seem that most girls have some personal idea of what a ring should look like on hand regardless of what design and purpose it has. Some end up with a handfull of dainty rings and some with large ones. Since diamonds are usually worn in smaller sizes than any other precious stone, much of the chatter ends up being about their size. At least, this explains some things for me.
Now, I would not expect men and women to choose jewelry in the same way because the tradition and fashion are so different. Any diamond on a guy''s hand is daring enough ... so it probably needs a story and some meaning to justify its presence: be it ''perfection'' and smallness or color or anything else.
2.gif

Do you thing is harder for a guy to justify wearing a ''small'' diamond or for a woman? Perhaps both would be asked ''why bother'', only from opposite reasons!
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 11:48:22 PM
Author: kenny
Why compare yourself to others?
The diamond is for you, not them.
But, that''s just it. An engagement ring is an entirely different animal. People are going to ask to see it. People are going to form judgements. It takes a super human to ignore them.

Maybe it shouldn''t be - but it''s a reality.

Joane

Rough_Rock
Date: 8/16/2005 11:06:37 PM
No girlfriend.

I buy for myself.

Go for it, kenny! Although I have received diamonds, I bought one for myself too. I''m just wondering how many others may do so. My ring was not an e-ring but a me-ring!

sjz

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/17/2005 7:16:59 PM
Author: Joane

Date: 8/16/2005 11:06:37 PM
No girlfriend.

I buy for myself.

Go for it, kenny! Although I have received diamonds, I bought one for myself too. I''m just wondering how many others may do so. My ring was not an e-ring but a me-ring!
36.gif
Here, here! The biggest majority of the diamonds I wear are ones I bought for myself. I love the idea of "me-rings".

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results