shape
carat
color
clarity

When sending stones to Sally...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Liane

Brilliant_Rock
...use a gem box.

In my last package to her, I sent two stones: a garnet in a gem box and an aquamarine in a small, padded mini-Ziploc bag. Both stones were carefully camouflaged inside other packing material -- maybe a little too carefully camouflaged. I learned this morning that although Sally found the garnet with no trouble, the aquamarine apparently slipped through her notice and was lost.
6.gif

The package arrived intact and un-tampered-with, so there''s no question that the aqua got there; it was just lost in the workshop because nobody noticed the tiny envelope amidst the packing material. (For the record, I''d just tucked the stones between the pages of a magazine; they weren''t swimming in a big box of styrofoam peanuts or anything.)

Sally''s already offered to replace the aqua, and it wasn''t a particularly expensive or sentimental stone so I''m not heartbroken over this, but I thought I would post this as a warning to anyone else mailing gems out to Heart of Water. Be careful! Use a gem box, or at least let her know exactly where to look for your gems.
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results