shape
carat
color
clarity

When pierced ears go bad...need earrings!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
I had my "second" piercings done about three months ago. It's been nothing but trouble. Infections and bleeding...I won't say more for fear of grossing everyone out. I discovered, at some point, I have a nickle allergy to the wg settings. Mind you, I have no allergy to any of my other wg jewelry--just my earrings
38.gif
I have two pairs of matched .80cttw studs, which I had reset into a wg/palladium three-prong martini setting. I seem to do OK with these for normal use. What I need, however, is a set of smaller studs that stay in my piercing 24/7, so my ears can heal. I had small pair of platinum and diamond hoops made. They were too tight and heavy and my ears got swollen and purple. I'm thinking of .50cttw, set in platinum, but am open to suggestions. I tried on some martini settings, but they don't seem to lie flat in my ears because their sensitivity. Any suggestions for a style that would be comfortable to wear all the time and allow my poor ears to heal in peace. Their not infected now...they--and I--are just really irritable
29.gif
I'm attaching a pic of the earrings I will be wearing with them frequently.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Trying again for a pic...

risingsun

Ideal_Rock

028 earrings 3a.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
For new piercings, I'd sitck with plain PT studs (non gemstone) until they are completely healed before wearing the fancier and heavier earrings.

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
stainless steel is the best for your sensitive healing ears. it''s a process that you shoudn''t rush! a few months of small, lightweight stainless studs will allow you a lifetime of wearing whatever you want.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
On the earrings you already have that are wg, you can easily have to the posts switched to yellow gold. I''ve done that for my daughter. She can wear platinum no problem. But WG or silver is a problem for her. I hope your ears heal soon, not fun I know!!

lyra

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Platinum is going to be pretty heavy for those sensitive new holes. I recommend the stainless steel studs too, or studs of your choice with YG posts as Kaleigh suggested. Nothing heavy for a few months. What are you cleaning your holes with? A sea salt solution (1/2 tsp. non-iodized sea salt to 8 oz. warm water) works wonders for new piercings. Much better than the antiseptic type solutions. Also make sure the earring backs are not too tight. Hope it heals up soon.

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the suggestions. I have been looking for stainless and platinum in a simple stud style and come up empty. My jeweler is also trying to find something that will work. I'm wearing stainless now and the pickings have been slim. One of the pairs I have cuts my ears and the other is so cheap and cheesy, I really need to find something better
14.gif
I'm interested in something small and simple. I would have thought it would be easy to find, but not so. The studs I already have are too big to keep in the piercings for 24/7 use, unfortunately. I have been cleaning the piercings with soap and water and using a sterile saline solution per my doctor's orders. This should have been easy...or it seemed so at the time
17.gif
If anyone finds anything--in their travels--please let me know. Maybe my google search needs an upgrade
3.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results